Satellite Tournament With Ticket(s)

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Supersonics

Satellite Tournament With Ticket(s)

Post by Supersonics »

I want to set up a Freeroll Satellite tournament that only awards 1 ticket to a $ tournament later in the week. I see the ticket definitions in the FAQ posted below, but I'm confused how to properly set this up.

Does the software award a Ticket for my Freeroll winner, or... after I see who won, do I create a Ticket Code for them that I enter into the Pay Tourney they gained access to, then provide that code to them to enter when they Register for that tourney? Thanks for your help!

FAQ:
Ticket - Set an optional ticket token (15 alphanumeric chars max) that can be used in place of (or in addition to) the regular buy-in (typically won as a prize from earlier tournament).

Ticket required - Select Yes and only players with a matching ticket may enter this tournament. Otherwise select No and non-ticketed players can just pay the buy-in.

Ticket funded - Select Yes and the house will pay the buy-in for the players with tickets. Select No and players will pay their own way if tickets are required. Otherwise ticketed players enter for free and do not increase the prize pool.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Satellite Tournament With Ticket(s)

Post by Kent Briggs »

Use the "Payout tickets" field to award your ticket(s). This is a comma-separated list of tickets to give to the 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, etc.
Supersonics

Post by Supersonics »

Thanks Kent!

So I just create some codes, like 1111, 2222 for example? Sorry for all of the questions, I just want to make sure I do this right... and it's a hell of a lot better than me personally funding buy-ins for the freerolls!

Cheers,
Supersonics
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Supersonics wrote:So I just create some codes, like 1111, 2222 for example?
Yes, whatever you type in the "Payout tickets" field will cause those to be created when they are awarded.
Supersonics

Post by Supersonics »

What a great feature!

Okay, so let's say I create 3 codes, 1111, 2222, 3333 and 1st, 2nd & 3rd win those tickets.

Could I then have a specific tournament where those codes are used for entry?

Instead of having them all go to one tourney, could I have them each be used for 3 different tournaments?
e.g. 1111 goes to Tourney 1, 2222 goes to Tourney 2, etc.?

Either option will be very helpful to me, and the 2nd option is what I have been doing where I have one Freeroll Satellite that awards entry to 3 different tournaments.

Sorry for all of the questions, I am interested in setting this up for a tournament on Monday and want to make sure I handle it correctly.

Big thanks,
Supersonics
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Supersonics wrote:Okay, so let's say I create 3 codes, 1111, 2222, 3333 and 1st, 2nd & 3rd win those tickets.
Could I then have a specific tournament where those codes are used for entry?
Instead of having them all go to one tourney, could I have them each be used for 3 different tournaments?
Yes, if the payout tickets have different names they would have to be for different tournaments because you can only specify one ticket name for the "Ticket" field that is used for the buy-in.
Supersonics

Post by Supersonics »

Ah, okay Kent, great to know, thank you.

So then when I edit the tournament that the tickets will be used for, I will enter the Code I created and designate the number of tickets that can be used?

I can't wait to test this out and understand fully how to utilize this great feature.

Thanks,
Supersonics
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Anyone with the matching ticket can register for the tournament, you cannot limit the number, other than the normal entrant limit you have set. If you want to limit ticket entries then just don't award more tickets (with that name) than you want to accept later.
Supersonics

Post by Supersonics »

I did not end up having my satellite tourney automatically award tickets, instead I am going to do this manually for my tourney tonight.

I created an alphanumeric ticket code in the Ticket Field of tonight's tournament.

I want only the 3 players who earned entry to be able to use these tickets and they will not pay anything to enter the tournament, but the rest of the players will pay.

So I set 'Tickets Funded': No

I went into the individual player accounts and added the ticket code.

Am I all set for tonight, or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Supersonics
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Supersonics wrote: I want only the 3 players who earned entry to be able to use these tickets and they will not pay anything to enter the tournament, but the rest of the players will pay.

So I set 'Tickets Funded': No
Make sure "Ticket required" is No to let those non-ticketed players buy their way in.