Data folder location

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Goodshoe

Data folder location

Post by Goodshoe »

Is there a way to move the default location of the data folder? I would like easier access to hand histories and tournament results, particularly since my Poker Mavens installation is located on a remote server. I want the data folder to placed within a cloud sharing (Dropbox) master folder. Is that possible? If not, what would be the easiest way to continuously sync the data folder to another location?
Thank you
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Data folder location

Post by Kent Briggs »

If you're comfortable using regedit to edit the Windows registry, change this setting (while Poker Mavens is not running):

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Briggs Softworks\Poker Mavens 6\DataFolder
Goodshoe

Post by Goodshoe »

Thanks so much.
This works well, except, when I moved the folder in the Registry, my Database was lost and I had to restart a 'new' installation of Poker Mavens server. Even when I copied all my current data to new location, the Database still would not transfer, intact.
So I had to move the folder back to the old location in Registry, in order to preserve my current Database settings.
Is there a way to move the folder, while still preserving my current player database?
Otherwise, I would have to start over and ask all of my players to re-register.
Thanks again,
Scott
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

If you started Poker Mavens after making the registry change but before you copied the contents over to the new location, it will just see a blank slate and start from scratch. Make sure you copy the data folder contents over to the new location before starting the software. It should all be there.
Goodshoe

Post by Goodshoe »

Got it. This worked perfectly.
Thanks!
Scott
MavensTools

Post by MavensTools »

Also be sure that the path you set in the Registry ends with a backslash.
LB Finer
Mavens Tools — Enhance your Mavens experience with text alerts, hand viewer, game summaries, reports and more