House balance - Not matching

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
arigorn

House balance - Not matching

Post by arigorn »

Hello,

I have a house balance showing: $37,140 and the totals of all accounts add up to $34,140. How can there be $3000 more than player balances?

To troubleshoot, I set all account balances to $0 and the house balance still showed $3000. Is there any way to account for this? I used the event viewer to see if I could find a $3000 transaction the looked off, but nothing stood out.

Thanks in advance.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: House balance - Not matching

Post by Kent Briggs »

Have you ever used the PrizeBonus setting in a tournament where you give away house chips? That will cause a discrepancy (a negative Tourney balance) if you don't manually adjust for it. Otherwise, every chip manually added to a player account will automatically deduct a chip from the Master account. And that gets recorded in the Event Log so you might have to go farther back in time in the Event Logs to the last known balance point and work your way forward to see where things didn't match.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

arigorn wrote:I set all account balances to $0 and the house balance still showed $3000.
That makes sense because there was a 3000 difference before you set them to 0. You'll need to manually zero out the Master account also to start fresh.
arigorn

Post by arigorn »

Kent Briggs wrote:Have you ever used the PrizeBonus setting in a tournament where you give away house chips? That will cause a discrepancy (a negative Tourney balance) if you don't manually adjust for it. Otherwise, every chip manually added to a player account will automatically deduct a chip from the Master account. And that gets recorded in the Event Log so you might have to go farther back in time in the Event Logs to the last known balance point and work your way forward to see where things didn't match.
Never done any bonuses. I don't see how to manually zero out the master account. If I set a master balance, the master/house match (they always have) but "total players" is still $3000 over.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

arigorn wrote:but "total players" is still $3000 over.
Click the Balance column header to sort the players by balance. Click it again to sort in descending order. Do any of the players at the top have a non-zero balance? They should add up to 3000 if that's what the Total Players number shows when you click the House button. If not, shut the program down and restart it. Check it again.
arigorn

Post by arigorn »

Restarting the server fixed the issue.

Thanks!