BearMetal

MTT 2nd Table Starts Incorrectly

Post by BearMetal »

I saw this last night running version 6.24. Here's my simple setup:
  • 10 Players / Table
    2 Tables
    Late Reg
    NLHE
10 people were registered at 8:05pm when the tournament started automatically. They were all placed at table 1. 2 players signed up via late registration at 8:06pm and were placed at table 2. Neither had a chance to hit "Ready" when the game began dealing those two players and automatically folding back and forth rapidly.

About 10 hands in table 2 occurred since the first hand on table 1 was still in progress. Once table 1 finished their first hand, the game rebalanced correctly.

During this ordeal, one of the players at table 2 hit ready, while the other was so startled, they didn't know what to do. This resulted in the rapid collection of blinds over most of the 10 hands. When the rebalance finally happened, the one player was down several hundred chips and was quite upset.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: MTT 2nd Table Starts Incorrectly

Post by Kent Briggs »

(Edit: I didn't like my original response, starting over). I'll look into adding a few seconds of delay when a new table gets created for late registrants.
BearMetal

Re: MTT 2nd Table Starts Incorrectly

Post by BearMetal »

As always, thanks for the quick response.

I had reported this originally because we normally have late registrants and this was the first time I had seen this behavior. I had thought that the logic was to wait for the rebalance before starting hands on the new table.

Perhaps it's because we had 2 players join late at the same time. In the past, the late registrants were spaced apart by at least a few minutes.