Buy-in one currency, payout another currency

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
draker

Buy-in one currency, payout another currency

Post by draker »

Is it possible to configure the Gold version's multiple currencies to allow tournament buy-ins in one currency and pay out in a different currency? The use case I have in mind is a league where players buy in for cash but get paid in "league points" that don't have cash value and even don't have anything to do with the original cash buy-in amount.

I know you can abuse the tickets feature into this kind of scheme, where you have players purchase "BUYIN" tickets from the admin and then set the tournaments up to pay out in points, but this is kind of ugly and causes the admin to have to keep doling out all these tickets. Would rather just let the software keep track of both cash and points balances.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Buy-in one currency, payout another currency

Post by Kent Briggs »

No, you cannot mix currencies like that. The prizepool is built on the buy-ins and thus that currency is what it has available to pay out.
draker

Re: Buy-in one currency, payout another currency

Post by draker »

Thank you for your quick confirmation. I suppose keep it in mind as a feature request if it's not too disruptive. You'd probably end up keeping track of Buyin 2, Bounty 2, Entry Fee 2, Prize Bonus 2, Rebuy Cost 2, Rebuy Fee 2, and Payout structure 2 for complete support for this.