PM not binding to IPV6

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
DonnyB

PM not binding to IPV6

Post by DonnyB »

Is there an option to enable binding to IPv6? I'm not seeing any ipv6 addresses in the Local IP Address options and can't reach the PM server at my IPV6 address. Confirmed I have IPv6 enabled on my other services.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: PM not binding to IPV6

Post by Kent Briggs »

Selecting "All" will bind to your IPv6 addresses also, including localhost on [::1]. I can't remember the exact reason but there was some technical issue with the Indy Socket components not being able to iterate through the IPv6 addresses like it could with IPv4 addresses. Also remember that IPv6 addresses have to be surrounded by square brackets in the URL and the port number (if needed) goes on the outside (e.g., [::1]:8087).
DonnyB

Post by DonnyB »

Thanks Kent. I do have "All" selected for Local IP addresses, and still no dice.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

DonnyB wrote:Thanks Kent. I do have "All" selected for Local IP addresses, and still no dice.
Do you also have an IPv4 address? If so, can you connect to it? Are you installed on a remote hosting service or at home behind a router?
DonnyB

Post by DonnyB »

Yes, I have an IPV4 address the works fine. Can connect and have been running games for months now with friends outside my network. I'm at home behind a router but have my server DMZed. Can connect to my other services running on IPV6 as well (webserver).
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

DonnyB wrote:Yes, I have an IPV4 address the works fine. Can connect and have been running games for months now with friends outside my network. I'm at home behind a router but have my server DMZed. Can connect to my other services running on IPV6 as well (webserver).
Can you connect to your IPv6 localhost directly on your server:

[::1]:8087

Assuming 8087 is your File Port setting.
DonnyB

Post by DonnyB »

Nope, I don't think PM is binding at all to IPV6. 127.0.0.1:8087 works though. [::1]:8087 does not. [::1] works (my normal webserver).
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

DonnyB wrote:Nope, I don't think PM is binding at all to IPV6.
Run Microsoft's TCPView program and see what it shows:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysint ... ds/tcpview

Attached pic shows it on my system when online and Local IP Address set to "All". Notice an all-zero IPv4 address and IPv6 address listening on ports 8087 and 8088. An all-zero address binds to all available IP addresses.
TCPView.png
TCPView.png (12.08 KiB) Viewed 2258 times