Remove player who reg'd with ticket removes $ from prize poo

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
michaelmlevin

Remove player who reg'd with ticket removes $ from prize poo

Post by michaelmlevin »

It took me a while to figure this out, but it's an actual bug.

We are giving a free-roll entry to the winner of last week's tournament. It is not funded. We issue the ticket and register the player.

Last night, the player didn't show up by the end of the late entry period, so we did a "remove no-shows". He was removed.

The tournament played out to the end. The top five players received the distribution of the prize pool and we thought everything was fine, until I checked the math.

The entry fee is $40 with an optional $20 rebuy. Checking the log and tournament results, we had 29 entries (one of which was the ticketed free-roll) and 9 rebuys. This means we should have ($40 * 28) + ($20 * 9), or a total prize pool of $1,300.00. But adding up the payouts, we only paid out a total of $1,260. Where's the other $40? Checking the "House Accounts" it shows a $40 balance in "tourneys". There are no players registered for any tournaments. Apparently, instead of simply removing the no-show (and possibly restoring his ticket) the ticket wasn't restored and $40 went to (unassigned) "Tourneys".

Please let me know if you want me to upload log files, screen shots, or whatever.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Remove player who reg'd with ticket removes $ from prize

Post by Kent Briggs »

Bug confirmed. I'll fix that in the next update, thanks.
michaelmlevin

Post by michaelmlevin »

Thank you, Kent, once again for the speedy response. Not at all like dealing with Cisco (took them 3 months and many hours of my time to acknowledge a significant router bug and another 4 to fix it).

Much appreciated! ! !
michaelmlevin

Post by michaelmlevin »

Installed v 6.23. When I pulled out a "no show" it didn't affect the money. It also didn't restore the ticket to the player. That's the behavior I want, but I wanted to make sure that's what it's supposed to do.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

michaelmlevin wrote:It also didn't restore the ticket to the player. That's the behavior I want, but I wanted to make sure that's what it's supposed to do.
Yes, that is the designed behavior. If for some reason you want to refund the ticket you can do it manually after the fact.