Rebuy at end of rebuy period

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
Supersonics

Rebuy at end of rebuy period

Post by Supersonics »

I had a situation the other week where someone busted out on the very last hand of level 6, which is the last Rebuy level in my tournament structure. We take a break after Level 6 and an AddOn is available at our Break. Even though Level 7 wouldn't start for 5 minutes after our break, he didn't get the option to ReBuy after Level 6. He hadn't already bought back in either, and I'm the one who busted him out since I called him on a hand with deep chips thinking I was doing him a favor. I'm curious to know if this is the intention of the Rebuy Cutoff setup?

My Tourney Structure:
Buy in: 2500+0+R
Rebuy fee: 2500+0
Max rebuys: 1
Rebuy levels: 6
Rebuy threshold: 1500
Add-on chips: 2500
Starting chips: 2500
Level duration: 10 minutes
Break: 5 minutes every 6 levels

I now make a note to players to make sure they don't bust out on the last hand of Level 6 or they will not be knocked out. I wonder though, could this be a request to help prevent a situation like this happening?

Thanks,
Supersonics
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Rebuy at end of rebuy period

Post by Kent Briggs »

Are you sure that player hadn't already used their 1 allotted rebuy? Double-check his entry in the tourney results file because he should have seen Leave and Rebuy buttons on the knockout if he one left.
Supersonics

Post by Supersonics »

I'm positive he didn't already re-buy, I just double checked the download.

I was on a zoom chat with him and everyone else when it happened. He was a little shocked, and explained there was no Re-Buy option available. He won the week prior and he would never hesitate to rebuy. We were all confused. But maybe it was user error on his part. It would be tough to recreate that scenario, but after that happened, I always warn players not to bust out on the very last hand of the blind levels just to be safe.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

I'm unable to reproduce this. I setup a test using the same parameters you described except I set Level Duration to 1 minute to speed it up. When I got to level 6 I slow played the hand to let the period end and saw the "Rebuy period will end when current hand is complete" message in the chat. I pushed the players all-in. One player lost all his chips and immediately got the the "Leave" or "Rebuy" buttons (see pic). I clicked Rebuy and he stayed in. The break started and all players got the Add-on available notice.
RebuyTest.png
RebuyTest.png (190.99 KiB) Viewed 2037 times
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Also be aware that if a player ignores the Leave/Rebuy buttons and tries to rebuy from the table menu using the "Add more chips" command, when his turn times out the Leave button is activated by default and will take precedence and the player will be knocked out.
Supersonics

Post by Supersonics »

Kent,
Thank you for looking into this. It sounds like the software is working as it should, and I'll chalk that instance up to user error on that player's part. As shocked as he was while we watched on zoom, he must have tried to go straight to his Table Menu / AddOn option, or do something else to bypass that ReBuy. Heck, he may have even cancelled the Rebuy option by accident.
We played four more tournaments last night, as always, your software has been ROCK solid.
Cheers,
Supersonics