Tournament Early Registration Bonus Chips

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
michaelmlevin

Tournament Early Registration Bonus Chips

Post by michaelmlevin »

Getting people to register EARLY for a tournament, so that we know we'll have enough players, is proving difficult at times. An option allowing for a early registration bonus (like XX extra chips for registering NNN seconds before the tournament start time) would be a great help in getting people to register in advance.
deltahedge

Re: Tournament Early Registration Bonus Chips

Post by deltahedge »

I'm glad I found this one instead of making a new thread. Getting people to early register is also a problem for us. I think since version 6.24 there is a way to give players who hold certain BONUS tickets additional chips.

My group has asked for a feature that I think would be pretty cool. We play an $80 buyin. Is there a way to change the buyin for people who register more than 24 hours ahead of the start time to $75? Basically giving thema $5 incentive to register early?

Is there a way to manually give players a $5 coupon to use on a tournament? I don't want the site to foot the $5 for the player using the coupon. I would just want the tournament prize pool to increase by $75 for players using a $5 coupon on their $80 buyin. (The player uses 75 chips and $5 coupon).
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

deltahedge wrote:We play an $80 buyin. Is there a way to change the buyin for people who register more than 24 hours ahead of the start time to $75? Basically giving thema $5 incentive to register early?
There's no provision for discounts on the buy-in (unless they get in free via a ticket). You could sell them a ticket in advance for $75 but the house would have to fund the last $5 for the prizepool.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Another way to go would be to give everyone a bonus ticket when registration opens. Then 24 hours before it starts, delete that ticket from every account. Everyone that already used theirs to register would be safe and get the extra chips.
deltahedge

Post by deltahedge »

Thanks Ken. They had requested a discount to the buy-in. But I think doing it like you mention here with the bonus tickets and getting extra chips in their starting stack should work pretty great as an early registration incentive as well. Thanks!
DuffCal

Post by DuffCal »

Kent Briggs wrote:Another way to go would be to give everyone a bonus ticket when registration opens. Then 24 hours before it starts, delete that ticket from every account. Everyone that already used theirs to register would be safe and get the extra chips.
This is a great idea, I will give it a try. It is very difficult to get people to register early, maybe it will help.
DuffCal

Post by DuffCal »

deltahedge wrote:Thanks Ken. They had requested a discount to the buy-in. But I think doing it like you mention here with the bonus tickets and getting extra chips in their starting stack should work pretty great as an early registration incentive as well. Thanks!

The discounted buy-in would be really nice to have as well. But Im going to try the bonus ticket first.