Satellite Tournament Payout

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
deltahedge

Satellite Tournament Payout

Post by deltahedge »

If Payout Tickets are listed, does this turn off the payout structure field? I want to payout 2 tickets to 1st and 2nd place of a 10 entrant satellite tournament, but I do not want to payout tickets in addition to paying out cash.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Satellite Tournament Payout

Post by Kent Briggs »

deltahedge wrote:If Payout Tickets are listed, does this turn off the payout structure field? I want to payout 2 tickets to 1st and 2nd place of a 10 entrant satellite tournament, but I do not want to payout tickets in addition to paying out cash.
Both will be active but if you don't want a prizepool then make sure the Buy-In field is 0. You can still have a non-zero Entry Fee field.
deltahedge

Post by deltahedge »

Thanks. That makes sense and would work perfectly.

Is there a way to set the satellite tournament up such that if there are 5 players, 1 ticket get awarded, if there are 10 players, 2 tickets are awarded (1 ticket for every 5 entrants)?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

deltahedge wrote:Is there a way to set the satellite tournament up such that if there are 5 players, 1 ticket get awarded, if there are 10 players, 2 tickets are awarded (1 ticket for every 5 entrants)?
No, you have to know in advance how many tickets you will award. Of course you can always award tickets manually after the fact.
deltahedge

Post by deltahedge »

Kent Briggs wrote:
deltahedge wrote:Is there a way to set the satellite tournament up such that if there are 5 players, 1 ticket get awarded, if there are 10 players, 2 tickets are awarded (1 ticket for every 5 entrants)?
No, you have to know in advance how many tickets you will award. Of course you can always award tickets manually after the fact.
Ok, Thanks. I think I will use the payout structure and "Stop on Chop" to end the tournament once the correct number of people have earned their ticket. Then, I will manually award tickets to people's accounts for those who earned tickets, and then refund the remnant of the prize pool as cash to the player who finished on the bubble. If there are 12 players, I would award 1st and 2nd place tickets, and then 3rd place gets $100 in primary currency.