Timing issue in when the Stats level changes.

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
michaelmlevin

Timing issue in when the Stats level changes.

Post by michaelmlevin »

I thought I noticed a stat screen update where the next level and its corresponding blinds had arrived but while the clock had clicked over to the next level, the Level Number and the Next Blinds display had not.

My tournament has 20 minute levels. At 1:40:17, we have gone through levels 1-5 and have just begun level 6. The blinds in level 6 are 400/800/100. The NEXT blinds (i.e. level 7) should be 500/1000/100.

The Running time and next level clocks are correct, but the level number is lagging behind as are the Next blinds.

The ACTUAL blinds on the table were 400/800/100, which is correct for level 6.

This seems to happen when the hand finishes close to the level change.

The moment this hand was over, the display updated to Level 6 and Next of 500/1000/100.
Attachments
Level Change is Wrong.PNG
Level Change is Wrong.PNG (11.06 KiB) Viewed 1854 times
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Timing issue in when the Stats level changes.

Post by Kent Briggs »

The level timing is done in the tournament's master thread whereas the blinds don't actually change for a table until the beginning of the next hands in their own individual threads. But the stats don't update until the end of the hand. So that accounts for the lag. I didn't want to redesign the whole stats system just because I added those two new fields. That's something I'll fix down the line.