Registered not seating

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
JGish

Registered not seating

Post by JGish »

I've had an issue from day one where players will register for a game but never get seated. There will be plenty of players registered, seating only requires 2 players. I usually clone games so these are games that ran fine before. And it happens most often in the morning.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Registered not seating

Post by Kent Briggs »

Were they left in the waiting list? That means you didn't allocate enough tables and they went into the overflow for the next one.
JGish

Post by JGish »

All my games are setup for 5 tables holding 9 players. The most players I've had is 25.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

JGish wrote:All my games are setup for 5 tables holding 9 players. The most players I've had is 25.
Did you every take your tournament offline to change some settings? Because if you do that it will unregister everyone in the waiting list. Also what is your "Unregister at logout" setting for that tournament? If it's "Yes" and a player logged out before the tournament started, they were unregistered.

Otherwise, could you email your files? I'd like to see your Event Log, which will show who registered for that tournament, along with the tournament settings (which can be exported) and the tourney results file. And a list of players who should have gotten in but did not.
JGish

Post by JGish »

I also change the the name and start date and time of course, the night before or the morning before the games.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

JGish wrote:I also change the the name and start date and time of course, the night before or the morning before the games.
And are you checking to see if there were registered players at the time? If so, use the "Save Registrations" feature on the Action menu before going offline and then "Load Registrations" when back online.
JGish

Post by JGish »

no there's not registered players at the time. I usually do this at 5 am.
1st game not until 10 am. It's not certain players, It's anyone and everyone trying to play that game. It seats nobody. Then the next few games like at noon will be fine and maybe the 3:00 game won't seat players and the 6, 8 and 10:00 games may be fine. It's really odd.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Check the Event Log for around the time you expected it to start and see if there is anything related to that tournament.
JGish

Post by JGish »

No event log or error log shows for the game and time. It's basiclly as if it wasn't there.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

JGish wrote:No event log or error log shows for the game and time. It's basiclly as if it wasn't there.
Are you just checking the Logs tab or did you look for the file in the data folder?

System tab -> Help Button -> Locate data folder -> Logs subfolder