Accounting

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
Sidewinder

Accounting

Post by Sidewinder »

First of all, this is an amazing piece of software and I am a little surprised as polished as it is these things haven't been implemented yet...

1) Accounting ledger - instead of just incrementing or decreasing the balance when a deposit and withdrawal is made in someone's account there should be a ledger that goes back X amount of entries or forever that explains each deposit or withdrawal to their account. I am not talking about gameplay changes from wins, losses but balance adjustments just have a corresponding ledger item.

2) Better rake details - rake generated for each table, for the past hour/date/time, lifetime, etc. Also rake date for each account based on time/date as week.

Overall it's crazy how good this software is and I am very surprised there isn't a ledger and a better breakdown of rake generated
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Accounting

Post by Kent Briggs »

The Event Log is a ledger of sorts as it records all chip transactions. Rather than try to create a bunch of internal reports, there is an API that lets site owners parse that info and create their own system.
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

Thanks - would this API let me see the rake generated for each table as well?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Sidewinder wrote:Thanks - would this API let me see the rake generated for each table as well?
It will pull the handhistory files and you would have to parse out the Rake lines yourself. But there is also a standalone utility that does that for you here:

http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/U ... s.htm#rake
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

Thanks...

So every accounting adjustment made in a player's account that **DOES'NT** come from gameplay (tourney, live, etc) is from "(Console)" .... ?

I guess my question is - if I wanted to parse every balance adjustment made in a players account (+ or -), "(Console)" is the way to distinguish?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Console for the Windows console and Remote for the remote admin interface. Use the Event Log Viewer to filter out various event log records:

http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/Utilities.htm
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

Got it - just want to make sure any + or - is going to use Console or Remote - no other way to miss an account event, correct?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Sidewinder wrote:Got it - just want to make sure any + or - is going to use Console or Remote - no other way to miss an account event, correct?
Anything Account related will show "Account" in the Type column.