6.17 API issue on Win10?

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
Tuck Fheman

6.17 API issue on Win10?

Post by Tuck Fheman »

I upgraded both sites to 6.17 today, one I have no issues with at all.

The other however will not allow logins for some reason and throws an error on the site (we use session keys on both).

After confirming that no changes were made to our codes login we uninstalled 6.17, reinstalled 6.10 base and it works fine.

So I tried upgrading to 6.17 again and same issue. Previously we were running 6.14 on that server without issue, so for now I'll just revert back to it.

My partner says that the API is not connecting with 6.17 on this server.

The key difference in the 2 servers is the one that works is Win8, the one that doesn't is Win10.
Tuck Fheman

Re: 6.17 API issue on Win10?

Post by Tuck Fheman »

So I went ahead and updated to v6.15 and all was fine, then updated to 6.16 and that's actually where this issue started.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

There were no changes between these versions regarding connection issues. What error was thrown?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Sounds like a firewall issue.
Tuck Fheman

Post by Tuck Fheman »

Kent Briggs wrote:There were no changes between these versions regarding connection issues. What error was thrown?
A PHP error message on the website itself (not the PM client) saying that the login failed and logs indicated that the API was not connecting I was told.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Tuck Fheman wrote:A PHP error message on the website itself (not the PM client) saying that the login failed and logs indicated that the API was not connecting I was told.
Are you using the same File Port as before? Will the API Reference Utility connect and make an API call (link below)? If so, then the issue is with your PHP setup.

http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/U ... htm#apiref
Tuck Fheman

Post by Tuck Fheman »

Kent Briggs wrote:
Tuck Fheman wrote:A PHP error message on the website itself (not the PM client) saying that the login failed and logs indicated that the API was not connecting I was told.
Are you using the same File Port as before? Will the API Reference Utility connect and make an API call (link below)? If so, then the issue is with your PHP setup.

http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/U ... htm#apiref

Yes same port. I won't be able to re-install the update to test until this weekend, so I will update this post then.
Tuck Fheman

Post by Tuck Fheman »

One of the guys is still looking into this on our end and I haven't had a chance to update again. It will likely be mid-May before I can get around to testing with the update again.

Since no one else has said anything I think it's safe to say it something in our setup causing the issue.