Player disconnects: player side, or host side?

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
georges

Re: Player disconnects: player side, or host side?

Post by georges »

Kent Briggs wrote:
georges wrote:no one is using vpn from my players, and when they play on other website that uses same software they dont face any problem regarding the disconnecting
The same people connecting to the same software with the same settings on the same server configuration on the save hosting service should all have the same experience. I can't think of any explanation of why that is not the case.
do you think the ports im using are causing the problem?

file port: 80
packet port: 8080

im using 8080 for cloudflare.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

georges wrote:do you think the ports im using are causing the problem?
The ports don't matter to Poker Mavens. If a connection can be made at all then they shouldn't randomly disconnect later.
georges

Post by georges »

Kent Briggs wrote:
georges wrote:do you think the ports im using are causing the problem?
The ports don't matter to Poker Mavens. If a connection can be made at all then they shouldn't randomly disconnect later.
I noticed that all 3 server that I have having the same problem but it is very obvious where the player have pour connection.

So I’ll will try with 1and1 and see how it goes and I’ll update the it here the result.
all1word

Post by all1word »

Some players keep getting disconnects when I'm running a tournament (about 50 people). Seem to notice is more since I have made the site secure and put it behind CloudFlare. I am set up on the free cloud server at atlantic.net

I'm thinking that it's probably on the client end, but I was wondering if anybody has used Argo on Cloudflare. and if so, if it helped with speed / disconnects.

Thanks for the help. Happy Mothers Day to all.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

all1word wrote:Some players keep getting disconnects when I'm running a tournament (about 50 people). Seem to notice is more since I have made the site secure and put it behind CloudFlare. I am set up on the free cloud server at atlantic.net
FYI, georges disconnect problem (confirmed in email) was caused by a malicious player who knew other player's passwords (site operator error, not a software defect).

How much RAM do you have on your Atlantic account? What does the Window Task Manager show for overall Memory % during your tournament?
all1word

Post by all1word »

Kent, I have the free atlantic.net account. At my highest usage, using 60% of the CPU (I looked at the graphs in atlantic to get that... wasn't looking at Windows Task Manager while tourney was going on). Have you used Argo at Cloudflare? Thx again

here's the configuration:

Configuration
Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter (Desktop Experience)

Plan: G2.1GB

CPU: 1 vCPU

RAM: 1 GB

Disk: 40 GB
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

all1word wrote:Have you used Argo at Cloudflare?
No, I have not.
CPU: 1 vCPU
RAM: 1 GB
50 players on at once might be pushing the limits of this configuration.