Revolving Late Registration

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
BearMetal

Revolving Late Registration

Post by BearMetal »

I searched for this ask, but didn't see anything, so I thought I'd create a new topic for it. What I'm looking for is a way for a single table tournament to include more than 10 players via late registration if people get knocked out. My scenario:
  • I have a 1 table tournament, table size is max at 10
  • I have late registration for 90 minutes
  • 9 people show up and we start. Someone else shows up late and registers (great!)
  • Someone busts out after 30 minutes
At this point, a seat is open, but late registration was automatically closed when the table originally filled up. Other players who could arrive late can't play even though it's only been 30 minutes and there's a seat open.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Revolving Late Registration

Post by Kent Briggs »

You would just have to allocate 2 tables for the tournament. You could start it manually at any point but you could not prevent it filling up to 20.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Kent Briggs wrote:You would just have to allocate 2 tables for the tournament. You could start it manually at any point but you could not prevent it filling up to 20.
However (just thought of this), have a ticket requirement for the tournament and simply hand out tickets on-the-fly as needed to maintain your own limit.
BearMetal

Post by BearMetal »

Hi Kent - thanks for replying.

My license is the Lite license, so I'm confined to a single table. Which is actually, fine - I don't need nor want more than 1 table concurrently. But when a player busts out and there's still late registration open, it would be great for an extra 11th or 12th player to be able to take that spot.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

BearMetal wrote:My license is the Lite license, so I'm confined to a single table. Which is actually, fine - I don't need nor want more than 1 table concurrently. But when a player busts out and there's still late registration open, it would be great for an extra 11th or 12th player to be able to take that spot.
Maximum entrants is set at Tables x Seats-Per-Table and that doesn't change due to knockouts.
BearMetal

Post by BearMetal »

Kent Briggs wrote:Maximum entrants is set at Tables x Seats-Per-Table and that doesn't change due to knockouts.
Yup, that's why my idea doesn't work today. It would be nice to have the ability to specify the max entrants explicitly so that if seats open up at a 1-table tournament, others can sit if late registration is still open. It allows people like me to have 11 or 12 players play, but ensuring that we always have 1 full table of all of my friends.