HELP! Can NOT get connections to work

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
Zdude

HELP! Can NOT get connections to work

Post by Zdude »

Hi. I have a group of folks dying for me to get this up. I setup a virtual W10 using hyper-v and installed 6.16. I connect fine within my local network but can NOT connect from outside. Things i have done/tried/verified:
1. Correctly setup router port fwdg to static local IP on server
2. originally used custom ports, tried default 8007/8, updating router fwdg
3. disabled firewall on w10 (def., no 3rd prty av/fw)
4. loaded on my own machine instead of VM, reconfigured, updated router. still can't connect from outside
5. remoted to another machine in another network (I am IT support and have access). Setup/configured. Configured port fwdg on their router. Same results. can connect from inside their network but not from outside
6. Back to original VM. Enabled 'directory listing' and saw my server pop up on http://www.pokermavens.net/trial/, but when I click to load the site and enter site pw, I still get "This page isn't working. IP sent and invalid response. ERR_INVALID_HTTP_RESPONSE. Same error I have had with every attempt to connect to 3 different servers from outside the local network.

What could I be missing here? I am pulling my hair out!! Your assistance would be most welcome.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: HELP! Can NOT get connections to work

Post by Kent Briggs »

Everything I know to try is on this page:

http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/PortForward.htm

I do recall someone else mentioning they got a VM working only after enabling network bridge mode (or something like that).
Zdude

Post by Zdude »

Thanks for the quick reply. I think I know what you mean, as when setting up a VM you have network options to run it in a sandbox network or shared like a regular machine. This has full network access. I also setup the software on my physical workstation and a server at another location and had same troubles. I know port fwdg and did follow your guide. In addition, I JUST had to setup some forwarding for an unrelated app on the other server this morning, which got us going on all this, as we could see immediate results with those changes.
Any other ideas? What settings could I be missing?
thanks.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Zdude wrote:Any other ideas?
If you already went through every single step on that page, "Plan B" mentioned at the end is my only other idea.