Work on Linux

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
hxe

Re: Work on Linux

Post by hxe »

Nevermind I think it was the LXC container that was an issue. Could be unprivileged or LXC, but I'm too lazy to diagnose from there.

I built a VM based on 20.04 Desktop (since it was released today) and it seems to launch fine.
Gonna do some actual testing to see how the game works on it. I can't imagine it'd be much worse since @setspike has it running on Wine too.
hxe

Post by hxe »

1st day running in Wine under 20.04 in a VM works just fine.
social

Post by social »

setspike wrote:For what its worth, I have my PM server running on Ubuntu using WINE. Works great.
Been wanting to do that for years.
Could I pay you to help me set it up?
setspike

Post by setspike »

How are you unix admin skills?

Not going to lie, there are a fair amount of unix admin skills necessary to setup and maintain. I would feel bad helping you set it up only for you not to be able to maintain it if those unix skills aren't there.
social

Post by social »

setspike wrote:How are you unix admin skills?

Not going to lie, there are a fair amount of unix admin skills necessary to setup and maintain. I would feel bad helping you set it up only for you not to be able to maintain it if those unix skills aren't there.
Thank you for your candid reply.

Ok, well that settles that.
The costs to pay somebody to administer the site in Unix since I am far too old a dog to require that new trick would far exceed
what I am paying for a Windows server, even though they are ripping me off, and charging me $34 a month,
for what should be half the cost.

Unfortunately, I lack the skills to transfer my stuff to another windows server...
and will just tread water until I find another solution some day.
hxe

Post by hxe »

setspike wrote:How are you unix admin skills?

Yeah I'm pretty well versed and it even took me a few hours to get it right.