Poker Mavens 6.16 Released

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Poker Mavens 6.16 Released

Post by Kent Briggs »

michaelmlevin wrote:Love the new release! ! ! Especially the addition of SSL to the pro version and the change to the rest period. One comment/question however. I THOUGHT that if the break period was set to the same value as the rebuy period, you could rebuy through the end of that break. I tested it, and the rebuy period ends BEFORE (or more accurately, simultaneously with the beginning of) the break. Is that the intended behavior?
That is intended behavior. The rebuy period ends when the level ends. It's only the Add-On period that can ride with the break because it runs after the last rebuy period ends.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Kent Briggs wrote:Enabled SSL encryption settings for Pro version.
This setting is not holding to the "Yes" position if you close down and restart the Pro edition. I'll fix that in the next update but beware of it until then.
Bartdude

Post by Bartdude »

Kent Briggs wrote:
michaelmlevin wrote:Love the new release! ! ! Especially the addition of SSL to the pro version and the change to the rest period. One comment/question however. I THOUGHT that if the break period was set to the same value as the rebuy period, you could rebuy through the end of that break. I tested it, and the rebuy period ends BEFORE (or more accurately, simultaneously with the beginning of) the break. Is that the intended behavior?
That is intended behavior. The rebuy period ends when the level ends. It's only the Add-On period that can ride with the break because it runs after the last rebuy period ends.
Does this mean if a player busts in the last hand of the rebuy level, and the level clock expires during that hand, that he cannot rebuy? Or does it pause the start of the next level and still allow him to rebuy? (Would be nice if it allowed him to rebuy if busting during the last hand of the rebuy period, even if he is technically in the next level, although I suspect that would require some pretty fancy programming).
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Bartdude wrote:Does this mean if a player busts in the last hand of the rebuy level, and the level clock expires during that hand, that he cannot rebuy?
Rebuys are sync'd to the tournament clock, not the table hands. So it's over when it's over. (<--- WRONG! Edit: 2020-4-26)
all1word

Post by all1word »

thx Kent for the update and all the help you've given us (and me personally). This poker software has really helped facilitate connection between the people in our town.

In my tradition of noob questions: .

when I update the new software and log on to my server it still says "not secure"... is that b/c the cloud server I use is not secure?
all1word

Post by all1word »

please disregard the question (but not the sentiments).

Saw that it's a little more involved than I thought.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

all1word wrote:when I update the new software and log on to my server it still says "not secure"... is that b/c the cloud server I use is not secure?
Chrome now labels all regular (unencrypted) http links as "Not Secure". You need an SSL cert for your domain name to make an https connection. If you have a domain name for your site, you can get an SSL cert for about $9 per year by following the instructions here:

http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/Utilities.htm#ssl
Bartdude

Post by Bartdude »

Kent Briggs wrote:
Bartdude wrote:Does this mean if a player busts in the last hand of the rebuy level, and the level clock expires during that hand, that he cannot rebuy?
Rebuys are sync'd to the tournament clock, not the table hands. So it's over when it's over.
Tonight I did my first MTT, and at the end of the last rebuy level a message came up in the middle of the hand saying something to effect that the rebuy period would end when the hand in play at the other table ended. Is this a change so that you can still rebuy at the end of the hand, or what did that message mean? (I can't find it in any logs, not sure if I have system messages saved in the events).
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Bartdude wrote:Tonight I did my first MTT, and at the end of the last rebuy level a message came up in the middle of the hand saying something to effect that the rebuy period would end when the hand in play at the other table ended. Is this a change so that you can still rebuy at the end of the hand, or what did that message mean? (I can't find it in any logs, not sure if I have system messages saved in the events).
Apparently I forgot how my own software works. Disregard my previous comment. The rebuy period is over when the hand completes at all tables and the tables that finish first will pause until then. It's been awhile since I tested that.
Bartdude

Post by Bartdude »

Kent Briggs wrote:
Bartdude wrote:Tonight I did my first MTT, and at the end of the last rebuy level a message came up in the middle of the hand saying something to effect that the rebuy period would end when the hand in play at the other table ended. Is this a change so that you can still rebuy at the end of the hand, or what did that message mean? (I can't find it in any logs, not sure if I have system messages saved in the events).
Apparently I forgot how my own software works. Disregard my previous comment. The rebuy period is over when the hand completes at all tables and the tables that finish first will pause until then. It's been awhile since I tested that.
It may not work that way in Lite... Before I upgraded I experienced where the busted player was not given an opportunity to rebuy on the last hand, but it seems that Pro does give players that opportunity.