Yet another wish list!

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
cchervit

Yet another wish list!

Post by cchervit »

Kent,

A few things to consider that would be useful to me and hopefully to others (like coders):
  1. Easy way to group a set of accounts to have different defaults (chip defaults, separate "bank" logs, table/chat settings, etc., maybe subclass & overlay some of the system settings for account groups)
  2. Easy way to administrator each group of accounts (remove user from group but not from server, font colors, chips, etc.) and in the gold edition, assign different administrators for each group
  3. Hand by Hand table play when on bubble
  4. Dynamic number of tourney tables based on registrants
  5. Easy way to view past Tourney/Table results in admin interface
  6. Real time clock (could be separate overlay/floating layer on table or new tab in extended chat window). I know lots of people have requested real time clock and i think it would be useful for tourneys as well. One minute voice warning for round would be nice, too. (You should hook up with Julien Lbrn on Facebook who wrote a great poker clock app called Blinds Up).
  7. Ability for admin to message all tables on tourney at the same time
  8. HTML Links and Copy Text support directly in Chat window (vs "saving" then losing full screen view and having to cut/paste from new about box window)
  9. Built in link to (or some kind of bundle deal with) Zoom or video chat (or i guess you could write/embed your own using WebRTC). Also make it so video chat window can float inside the Full Screen view.
  10. A "personal banker" add-on app w/client on a separate port that allows a user and a banker to input his personal paypal, zelle/quickpay, venmo, etc. and allow users to buy their own chips from their own electronic payment system and request a withdrawal (approved via the group admin). I know the API is there to do some of this, but I'm asking for something OOTB cause I am not a coder!
  11. Full Open-API/Swagger support (accessible YAML file)
  12. Full support for SAML (or at a minimum, use of HTTP Authentication headers for access) and encrypted site and API authentication so unencrypted open-text passwords are not visible on URI.
Thanks!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Yet another wish list!

Post by Kent Briggs »

Items 1 and 2 can be accomplished yourself with API code.
Item 4: just set the Tables field to maximum number expected. Once started, the number adjusts automatically down from there.
Item 7 already exists. There's a Message button on the Tournaments tab in the server interface.
On Item 8, hot linking isn't used in the chat to prevent someone with malicious intent of posting a dangerous link.
Item 10, for legal liability reasons, I will not be including any kind of payment gateway.
Item 11, not familiar with Swagger
Item 12, use the SessionKey key system for automating logins.
cchervit

Post by cchervit »

Kent Briggs wrote:Items 1 and 2 can be accomplished yourself with API code.
Item 4: just set the Tables field to maximum number expected. Once started, the number adjusts automatically down from there.
Item 7 already exists. There's a Message button on the Tournaments tab in the server interface.
On Item 8, hot linking isn't used in the chat to prevent someone with malicious intent of posting a dangerous link.
Item 10, for legal liability reasons, I will not be including any kind of payment gateway.
Item 11, not familiar with Swagger
Item 12, use the SessionKey key system for automating logins.
Thanks for all the comments Kent! Lots of "undiscovered" features in here for me to still discover!

On item 7, in your multiple administrator version, would a secondary administrator's admin browser view only contain a subset of the tourneys running (i.e., only the ones they can admin)? Or do multiple administrators have access to the entire admin system? I tried searching for this answer, but couldn't find.

For Item 12, you'd still be sending first URL with "sitePassword=" in an unencrypted fashion over the network. Other than upgrading to your HTTPS version, is there any way to avoid doing this in the Pro version?

And you should check out Swagger/OpenAPI. Great standardized way to self-document and describe a REST based API interface.

Chad
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

cchervit wrote:On item 7, in your multiple administrator version, would a secondary administrator's admin browser view only contain a subset of the tourneys running (i.e., only the ones they can admin)? Or do multiple administrators have access to the entire admin system? I tried searching for this answer, but couldn't find.
Admin Profile rights are field and function based, not table/tourney based.
For Item 12, you'd still be sending first URL with "sitePassword=" in an unencrypted fashion over the network.
Oh yeah, I thought your were referring to player logins (putting their password in the URL). But if you only allow logins from your web site via SessionKey generated by he API (and disable lurker mode), you might have no need to implement a site password.
cchervit

Post by cchervit »

Kent,

Just finished running our first medium-sized tournament (~50 players), and I have some more feature suggestions. Obviously, I understand you're not going to be able to do all these, but I hope some are easy and would be helpful to others as well.

Feature Suggestions
  1. Quick and easy way to get a list of accounts & emails who registered, who rebought and who purchased add-ons while the tourney is running
  2. An easy way to send an email to (or get names + emails in a clipboard buffer for) all the users of a given Tourney that has recently happened.
  3. I'd love for Tile Windows to take into account the table's extended chat window for a table if it's open
  4. A way for admin to fix a tourney without losing positions and balances and registrations (e.g., wrong percentage put in payouts, wrong late registration time, etc.) when tourney is paused
  5. Have Auto-Muck default to off for all new users
  6. A way to set a default “Accounts” view on admin screen (hiding some columns, adjusting column ordering, etc.)
  7. Adding last IP-address and last Computer columns to the Accounts view (and some easy way to view the history of logins for a given user)
Couple of questions
  • Is there any way to have a cash game not start to auto-deal as soon two players sit down at it? Is there an option where they’d have to each hit their “Ready” button? (If not, can you add this to the above list :))
  • As an admin, is there an easy way to know who’s observing/lurking at a table?
[*]Do you track tourney hand stats at all? If we pay out for Tourney high-hand or Bad-beats, besides manually parsing thru the table logs, is this information stored or easily retrieved anywhere?

Congrats again on such a great piece of software. Uses very few resources, it's very stable and it's very easy to operate! Kudos. It's been a savior for a bunch of us in NYC cause as you know life has been extra tough lately.

Thanks,
Chad
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Is there any way to have a cash game not start to auto-deal as soon two players sit down at it? Is there an option where they’d have to each hit their “Ready” button?
Yes, see the version 6.16 announcement at the top of the General forum.
As an admin, is there an easy way to know who’s observing/lurking at a table?
No, not currently.
Do you track tourney hand stats at all? If we pay out for Tourney high-hand or Bad-beats, besides manually parsing thru the table logs, is this information stored or easily retrieved anywhere?
Poker Mavens only records to logs, it has no internal reporting features. The API can retrieve any of them so you could code your own reports.
cchervit

Post by cchervit »

Thanks for the reply, Kent! And thanks for adding TLS support to the Pro 6.1.6 version!
cchervit

Post by cchervit »

Kent Briggs wrote:
cchervit wrote:Is there any way to have a cash game not start to auto-deal as soon two players sit down at it? Is there an option where they’d have to each hit their “Ready” button?
Yes, see the version 6.16 announcement at the top of the General forum.
Read the feature announcement. It seems this requires an admin to be present to pause & resume each table. Anything planned that could be entirely player controlled?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

cchervit wrote:Read the feature announcement. It seems this requires an admin to be present to pause & resume each table. Anything planned that could be entirely player controlled?
This recent fix was meant purely for a home game situation where everyone already knows each other and the admin is highly likely to be a part of it. I do have some other ideas about triggering a delayed start on a ring table but haven't had a chance to work on it yet.
cchervit

Post by cchervit »

Thanks, Kent! That describes me and some of our game so the feature as-is is useful for part of it! But I'm not around for all the cash ring games, so looking forward to hearing/seeing some of your ideas for a join-with-pause option!