Blinds Schedule?

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
whpccommissioner

Blinds Schedule?

Post by whpccommissioner »

I've read through the documentation and searched the forum, so I apologize for new newbie question. Where is the blinds schedule for hold'em in the server settings?
whpccommissioner

Re: Blinds Schedule?

I should clarify...for a cash game. I see the schedules in a tournament, but is it possible to do this for one game?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Each tournament has its own blinds schedule. Add or Edit a tournament on the Tournaments tab in the server module. Scroll down near the bottom (8th to last setting).
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

whpccommissioner wrote:I should clarify...for a cash game. I see the schedules in a tournament, but is it possible to do this for one game?
I posted too soon. The blinds in ring (cash) games don't change.
whpccommissioner

Thanks the rapid response, Kent. Last question (I think). I'm trying to replicate an in-person 10 person game. Each player is allowed only one buy-in at the beginning of the game. The top three players receive a % of the pot. Everyone else gets zilch. Is this format better satisfied using the Tournament features than cash? Sorry - totally new to the software and I'm trying to get the config right for a game in a couple of hours.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

whpccommissioner wrote:Is this format better satisfied using the Tournament features than cash?
Yes, that's a tournament, especially if they are knocked out when they lose all their chips. The default Payout Structure does give the top 3 players a percentage of the prize pool in a 10-person tournament (50%, 30%, and 20%). But you can edit that setting and change it.
whpccommissioner

Awesome. Again, thanks for the quick response.