Port Forwarding Set Up- Still Cant Connect- Please Help

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
kassemhaidar1

Port Forwarding Set Up- Still Cant Connect- Please Help

Post by kassemhaidar1 »

Hello,

I set up the Server and it appears on the Pokermavens.net site. If i try to log in from a home network computer everything seems to work. If i try to connect from a computer outside my network nothing seem to work. I have comcast and i set up my port forwarding to the 8087 and 8088. Problem is that when i check to see if the ports are open using portforword.com (which i purchased) it says the port is not open. I have tried everything. ANY HELP PLEASE!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Port Forwarding Set Up- Still Cant Connect- Please Help

Post by Kent Briggs »

You didn't need to purchase anything from portforward.com, their port checker utility is free. Anyway, double-click your Internet IP Address setting in Poker Mavens and then click the Lookup button to make sure that hasn't changed. Otherwise your listing at www.pokermavens.net will be pointing to the wrong place. If that's ok, take your site offline (temporarily) and double-click the Local IP Address setting and see what shows in the picklist other than "All" and "127.0.0.1". That third number should match whatever entry you made in your port forwarding. If not, fix it and go back online (leave the Local IP setting to "All"). Note that not all routers support NAT Loopback which means you might not be able to connect to your own Internet IP address from inside your own local network. Get someone on the outside to test it or use your phone with the wi-fi turned off so that it uses your cell connection. If none of that works post a screenshot of your router's port forward screen or send it to my email.
kassemhaidar1

Post by kassemhaidar1 »

Thank you for the reply,

The problem was with comcast!!! they have a stupid advanced security on the new routers that you have to disable. Once I did that, it started to let the connections in. No problems since. Thought I would share in case anyone had the same with comcast!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

kassemhaidar1 wrote:The problem was with comcast!!! they have a stupid advanced security on the new routers that you have to disable. Once I did that, it started to let the connections in. No problems since. Thought I would share in case anyone had the same with comcast!
Could you give us some details on exactly what you had to do there?
kassemhaidar1

Post by kassemhaidar1 »

Logged in to comcast account online,

Under Network, There is an Advanced Security Portion, Clicked on that, Clicked on View My Services, and then Clicked the Disable Xfi Advanced Security. After I did that, It let my port forwarding work and everything started to work. Let me know if you cant find it and I can try to post some Pics
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

I'm using my own modem with Comcast so I don't personally have those options. But a Google search brings up this page:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/article ... d-security

And it explains how to disable it near the bottom. But they also link to a separate port forward page here:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/article ... forwarding

that should have worked without disabling the rest.