Desperate for a Clock

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Dodge

Desperate for a Clock

Post by Dodge »

There does not seem to be (or at least I can't find) any option to display a running / Blind clock on the table.
Players want to know how long left in blinds, especially in a rebuy and add on tournament.
Is there any way to display a clock ?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Desperate for a Clock

Post by Kent Briggs »

It's not displayed directly on the table (space is tight there) but you can see it by selecting Statistics from the table menu.
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

Thanks Kent, Can see that but with many playing on tablets or even phones, taking up space to keep the Stats window open severely limits their game space.
Could it not be possible to have a simple 4 digit (10:00) countdown clock, say in the bottom right corner ? Would be a massive help.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Dodge wrote:Thanks Kent, Can see that but with many playing on tablets or even phones, taking up space to keep the Stats window open severely limits their game space.
Could it not be possible to have a simple 4 digit (10:00) countdown clock, say in the bottom right corner ? Would be a massive help.
The bottom right corner is occupied. People must have some kind of OCD condition if they feel the need to see every second tick down in the level.
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

Not really OCD :) but it does determine if someone wants to shove a short stack while they still have a chance to re-buy. It can be quite tactical.
Doesn't have to be huge, what about one of the spots in the pic ?
Clock Suggestions
Clock Suggestions
clock.jpg (108.45 KiB) Viewed 3167 times
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

All those circled areas get occupied at various times.
BO1LER

Post by BO1LER »

I must agree w/ Dodge. Watching the clock and upcoming blinds is a critical part of tournament strategy.
Ideally, seeing the round clock and the next blind level at a minimum.
It would take very little space.

Thanks for considering this Kent!

Mike
whpccommissioner

Post by whpccommissioner »

New user here. I understand there’s limited space, but time is critical in tournament mode, especially toward the end of the game. It’s actually the opposites of OCD - some users may not want to look at all of the stats all of the time, but want the timer. I know it’s impossible to please everyone so thanks for considering.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

In the mean time, every smart phone has a timer / stopwatch app on it.
pmppk

Post by pmppk »

I agree, we ran our first tournament last night, and the absence of a live updating countdown clock was the only real complaint I heard from any of my players.

If you could add new callback events for tournament level start and break start there would be enough info for someone to put together a live updating external clock page that should stay in sync with the server's tournament clock. Just an idea, if it's not so straightforward to add a clock to the Table UI.