Staring Stack - Chip Count - Rebuy/Addon

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
SVTF

Staring Stack - Chip Count - Rebuy/Addon

Post by SVTF »

Good Evening,

So I have two questions.

1. Is there a way to make the starting chip stack for NL Holder > 25K?

2. Is there a way to make the Rebuys/Addons automatic vs. having to go to Menu/Add Chips?

Thanks in advance.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Staring Stack - Chip Count - Rebuy/Addon

Post by Kent Briggs »

SVTF wrote:1. Is there a way to make the starting chip stack for NL Holder > 25K?
No, that's the limit for tournaments. Tournament chips have no value so there's no reason to use large numbers. 1500 is the most common starting stack.
2. Is there a way to make the Rebuys/Addons automatic vs. having to go to Menu/Add Chips?
No, rebuys come out of a player's balance so they need to specify when they want them, especially if there is a fixed number of rebuys allowed.
SVTF

Post by SVTF »

Thanks for the quick reply.

Was hoping to be able to duplicate our Friday Tournament game with a 60K starting stack with a 60K rebuy.

We are jonzing as we are not able to play due this darn COVID-19. Hopefully we all come out on the other side of this sooner than later.

Any future appetite to allow the chips under the tournament section to be open range?
SVTF

Post by SVTF »

In theory chips for Cash or Tournament have no value. By that I mean the admin can top up accounts at will.

There are many different type of tournaments today. Just because Poker Stars use 1500 dosent mean its the norm.

Would be nice to allow admin access to chose the amount of the starting stack forTournaments - Whats the risk? Downfall?

Thank You your time
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

SVTF wrote:In theory chips for Cash or Tournament have no value. By that I mean the admin can top up accounts at will.
Cash (ring) chips do have value, they come directly from the player's account to the table, and back to the account when they leave. Tournament chips, on the other hand, are arbitrary amounts that all appear when the tournament starts and all disappear when it completes. They have no relation to the buy-in and no relation to the prizepool.
Would be nice to allow admin access to chose the amount of the starting stack forTournaments - Whats the risk? Downfall?
You can choose, up to 25K. Internally the tournament chips are stored as 32-bit signed integers so there can't be so many that the total could ever approach an integer overflow situation. Now that could solved by switching to a 64 bit format but the other issue is that the chip denominations only go up to 1 billion so you couldn't graphically represent a bet amount if the stacks got too high. Lastly, just dealing with more digits than necessary (like manually typing in bet amounts or fitting the number in already tight spaces) has very little upside.
SVTF

Post by SVTF »

Thanks
SVTF

Post by SVTF »

Rebuy / Addon … what I am I doing wrong in the settings.

I would like to have a tournament have a rebuy or addon.
But I can seem to get the combo right perhaps there isn't even a way to have an "or" option

So lets say there are 2 players - 25K starting stack and you are allowed to have 1 Rebuy or 1 Add on

Player A - Busts and Rebuys another $25 K (Player A has had the opportunity to get 50K)
Player B - Now has 50 K in chips (Player B has only had the opportunity to get 25K)

then we get to break and they both made it there for the add/on

I only want Player B to get the addon .. because player A already had a rebuy.
So once Player B gets their addon - that means both players played with 50K

vs.

both of them being able to do an add/on - Which means Player A got to play with 75K where player B got to play with 50K

Does that make sense? Let me know if you have any questions.

Is this possible? Am I just not picking the right set of options?

Thanks in advance.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

SVTF wrote:I only want Player B to get the addon
Nope, can't do that. If add-ons are enabled, everyone can buy it. The number of rebuys purchased before is not relevant.
Bartdude

Post by Bartdude »

One workaround might be to make the cost of an add on the same cost as a rebuy. And then credit the player's account with only enough chips to do a single rebuy or a single add on. For example, buy in is $20, re-buy is $20 and add-on is $20. Credit each player with only $40 at the start of the tournament. Players that rebuy won't have enough to buy an add on, and players that don't re-but will.
SVTF

Post by SVTF »

Bartdude wrote:One workaround might be to make the cost of an add on the same cost as a rebuy. And then credit the player's account with only enough chips to do a single rebuy or a single add on. For example, buy in is $20, re-buy is $20 and add-on is $20. Credit each player with only $40 at the start of the tournament. Players that rebuy won't have enough to buy an add on, and players that don't re-but will.
Hmm. Sounds like it might produce what I need.
Will have to test it.

Will report back.

Thanks