Add Tourney Winner Name to TourneyFinish Callback Event

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
Tuck Fheman

Add Tourney Winner Name to TourneyFinish Callback Event

Post by Tuck Fheman »

I'm just looking for an easy way to get the Winners name and adding it to the TourneyFinish Callback Event seemed like the best place to supply it on first glance. Unless I'm missing something and there is an easy way already to get this info with little code, but AFAICT the only way to get the Winner is to search the tourney results file, locate the Place1 area and grab the name that follows. But this gets even more complicated (for a simpleton like me) if you have a SNG that runs repeatedly and the results are written to the same file. Then you have to search for the Number= field as well I suppose and grab the result from that tourney number.

Yes I'm lazy, but I just think giving admins an easy way to grab the Winner of a tourney should be easier on us non-developer types. ;)

Again, if I'm missing an easier way that already exist, please enlighten me!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Add Tourney Winner Name to TourneyFinish Callback Event

Post by Kent Briggs »

Getting it from the TourneyResults file would be the way to do it now. In the next update I am adding a Place field to the Knockout callback so if you're already tracking that, Bounty will have the tournament winner when Place=2.