CPU RAM Hard Drive recommendations

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
pleaseadddrawgames

CPU RAM Hard Drive recommendations

Post by pleaseadddrawgames »

Any recommendations for specs to meet for the following user counts?

I'm debating getting a PC that i will use as a server. I really need to know if an I5 or I7 is needed or ddr4 vs ddr4 RAM.
I'm seeing some cheap 32GB DDR3 RAM builds out there.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: CPU RAM Hard Drive recommendations

Post by Kent Briggs »

You are unlikely to get more than 500 or so simultaneous logins regardless of the hardware specs. That seems to be roughly the point where Windows gets overwhelmed with thread switching. As far as hard drive size goes, most of the space used by PM goes to the event logs and hand history logs and how far back in time you want to keep them (as determined by the settings). If you will be running a system from home on a residential ISP plan, the uplink speed may be your bottleneck. You'll want at least 100Mbps in both directions.
pleaseadddrawgames

Post by pleaseadddrawgames »

Kent Briggs wrote:You are unlikely to get more than 500 or so simultaneous logins regardless of the hardware specs. That seems to be roughly the point where Windows gets overwhelmed with thread switching. As far as hard drive size goes, most of the space used by PM goes to the event logs and hand history logs and how far back in time you want to keep them (as determined by the settings). If you will be running a system from home on a residential ISP plan, the uplink speed may be your bottleneck. You'll want at least 100Mbps in both directions.
How many connections can a 35Mbps upload get?

Do you know how much bandwidth a remote user takes up per session?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

pleaseadddrawgames wrote: How many connections can a 35Mbps upload get?
Do you know how much bandwidth a remote user takes up per session?
That all depends on how much activity there is. There's a big load up front to load the client and all of it's graphical elements. After that it depends on the number of tables being played.