pmserver crashes when tournaments are running

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: pmserver crashes when tournaments are running

Post by Kent Briggs »

Oh, are saying the max ff connections per ip is limiting your API calls because those are all coming from the same IP? Yeah, that could be a problem if the limit is low and your API calls are coming rapidly. I'll look into that.
elia.nm07

Post by elia.nm07 »

i have a server(webapplication)for registering new users ,withdrawal,deposit and ....
and i have a server for running maven on
when user wants to goto looby i call maven api for seesion key and then i redirect user to looby
when i set max ff per ip my server1(webapplication) will have problems to call the api ,
i also decide to buy another maven license for scaling (one pmserver for cash games and one for tournamens)
and i dont want to use vps for maven any more , what server configuration do u suggest ?
i saw many websites that run 160 ring games and many tournaments with over 400 logins and they dont have my problems !
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

elia.nm07 wrote:when i set max ff per ip my server1(webapplication) will have problems to call the api
Until I can study that more, you should probably just set Max FP per IP to 0 for now to disable it.
and i dont want to use vps for maven any more , what server configuration do u suggest ?
You mean get a dedicated server as opposed to a VPS? Not sure that will make any difference.
elia.nm07

Post by elia.nm07 »

You mean get a dedicated server as opposed to a VPS? Not sure that will make any difference.
then whats is my problem , these crashes are not normal , and i know that this problem also is not from your product
becasue i saw many sites that they doesnt have this problem
elia.nm07

Post by elia.nm07 »

i installed rdp guard on the server can this application can be the problem ?
i laso have a open rdp to maven server for monitoring that ,can this be the problem ?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

elia.nm07 wrote:then whats is my problem , these crashes are not normal , and i know that this problem also is not from your product
becasue i saw many sites that they doesnt have this problem
Do some API call logging like I suggested and see if there is any correlation to your crashes.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

elia.nm07 wrote:i installed rdp guard on the server can this application can be the problem ?
i laso have a open rdp to maven server for monitoring that ,can this be the problem ?
I've never used it but disable it temporarily and see if that makes any difference.
elia.nm07

Post by elia.nm07 »

Hello again
I've heard from one of my friends that dont put free tournaments,
I always set tournaments as 0+0+R
can this be the problem ?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

elia.nm07 wrote:Hello again
I've heard from one of my friends that dont put free tournaments,
I always set tournaments as 0+0+R
can this be the problem ?
No, that wouldn't cause any problems.
elia.nm07

Post by elia.nm07 »

i am really sorry for my questions , and very tankful for your answers,
i designed badbeat and top hand jack pot and in that cases , when a player is winner , i read session ids and with sendMessage api i tell every one that player x won the jackpot, if the sessionid is disconnected , can this cause the crash or violationaccess errors?