pmserver crashes when tournaments are running

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: pmserver crashes when tournaments are running

Post by Kent Briggs »

All updates to the log files happen in a single dedicated thread and are queued up to minimize disk activity so that would not be a factor as long as you have disk space available. A server that is out of memory or resources or overwhelmed by connection attempts could lock up without showing an errors in the log.
elia.nm07

Post by elia.nm07 »

Kent Briggs wrote:Try setting to Max FP Connections to 1500 and Max PP Connections to 500. That will limit your connections to 2000 threads. If the callbacks had any issues you would see messages in the error log. Dual currencies would have no effect on server performance. You should always patch up to latest version available at http://www.briggsoft.com/patches.htm. By the way, you exposed your IP address in one of the screenshots above so I removed those. That kind of defeats the main benefit of using Cloudflare for DDOS protection. Speaking of that, check your Cloudflare anaytics log to see if there was an increase in activity around the time your server crashed.
hey dear kent , i set your configs , i didnt have any attacks , threads was lower than 2000 but at strating the tournamentthe poker mavens got crash , do u have any idea ?
i useing iframe to load the game , can i frames case this crashes ?
elia.nm07

Post by elia.nm07 »

i do some thing that may be you shuold know , i turned on hand event for tracking cash games , when i get an hand event , i call some api for fetching hand history and save this to my databse , can these apis cause the crash
elia.nm07

Post by elia.nm07 »

this call backs are turn on now
balance event
balance2 event
ring game error
tournament register event
tournament unregister event
tournament start event
tournament cancel event
tournament finish event
tournament error event
hand event
elia.nm07

Post by elia.nm07 »

and each time i get and hand event , on a regualar period i will call for fetching hand detail
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

elia.nm07 wrote:threads was lower than 2000 but at strating the tournamentthe poker mavens got crash , do u have any idea ?
i useing iframe to load the game , can i frames case this crashes ?
iframes won't affect server performance. How many people were registered for the tournament? What crashed, exactly, just that tournament or the entire poker server? Anything in the error log file? Look for the actual file, not just what you see on the Logs tab.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

elia.nm07 wrote:can these apis cause the crash
It shouldn't unless you are overwhelming the server with thousands of calls in a short time period.
elia.nm07

Post by elia.nm07 »

log files were empty , there was just 120 people in tournament
i strongly suspect to my api calls , specially hand event , my work flow is , each time i get an hand event i store it in a temp db and in a period of 1 minute i will call for reading the hand detail
elia.nm07

Post by elia.nm07 »

i have two servers one for application server , and one for game server
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

elia.nm07 wrote:i strongly suspect to my api calls , specially hand event , my work flow is , each time i get an hand event i store it in a temp db and in a period of 1 minute i will call for reading the hand detail
If you can narrow down the scenario that triggers a crash so that I can reproduce it myself, that would really help. Try keeping a log of every API call you make with a timestamp to see how many are actually being made. Make sure you don't have an infinite loop in there. Every API call makes a connection to the file port and thus creates a new thread.