DST Bug again

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
Tuck Fheman

DST Bug again

Post by Tuck Fheman »

I was notified that 2 tourneys showed that they were starting on 3/9 (today is 3/10) so I log into admin panel and I see no tourneys for 3/9 (yet I do on the players side in lobby) but I see two tourneys from 3/10 that were form 2 AM and 2:30 AM this morning still active. I try to shut the tourneys down but I get an error message informing me about the DST time issue, but the tourneys don't shut down. I try to shut down the server, but I can't because the error message just pops up instead and the server does not shut down.

So I got the bright idea to End Task on PM. This was a bad idea.

When I fired PM back up after a reboot, most all of my tournaments are now gone as well as every single players account. :/

Tell me what I need to send you. :)
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: DST Bug again

Post by Kent Briggs »

Another user reported a similar problem this morning. If you had an auto-recurring tournament that placed the next start time in a DST no-go zone (2:00 am to 2:59 am) and you restarted the server, it would error out when it tried to load that tournament and set the date. And since that killed the load routine, you might not see the rest of your tournaments get loaded. I'll fix that in the next update but in the mean time you'll need to make a manual fix by editing your Tournaments.xml file located in your data folder. With the poker server completely shut down, load Tournaments.xml into NotePad or some other plain text editor and look for <StartTime> tags. If any have March 10 dates with times from 02:00 to 02:59, change them to something valid. Save that file and then restart PMServer.exe.
Tuck Fheman

Re: DST Bug again

Post by Tuck Fheman »

Kent Briggs wrote:Another user reported a similar problem this morning. If you had an auto-recurring tournament that placed the next start time in a DST no-go zone (2:00 am to 2:59 am) and you restarted the server, it would error out when it tried to load that tournament and set the date. And since that killed the load routine, you might not see the rest of your tournaments get loaded. I'll fix that in the next update but in the mean time you'll need to make a manual fix by editing your Tournaments.xml file located in your data folder. With the poker server completely shut down, load Tournaments.xml into NotePad or some other plain text editor and look for <StartTime> tags. If any have March 10 dates with times from 02:00 to 02:59, change them to something valid. Save that file and then restart PMServer.exe.
Thanks man! :)