CloudFlare and websocket support

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
hpolack

Re: CloudFlare and websocket support

Post by hpolack »

Thank you @kent briggs! I am sorry I missed your original post on the cloudflare certificate. I was able to get the Cloudflare SSL connection up and running by referencing your original directions in the beginning of this post. Despite following everything, it kept failing until I rebooted my router then it just started working. I can only think somehow my removal of my VPN software and rules were not totally reset in my router and was causing conflicts with 443 redirection. If anyone else is having issues after adding the certificates, try reseting the router.

Does anyone know why I can't reach the cloudflare.com domain from any device on the router where I setup the Cloudflare to redirect my domain to that IP address? I can reach any other website from PCs on that router but cloudflare.com.

I would like to restrict any activity going to my IP address to port 443 to come from cloudflare, but I don't think I know what all IP addresses from cloudflare I should whitelist. Does anyone have any thoughts?

I also have a VPN I would like to setup so that I can access my 3D printer remotely that I have on this same router. I now have to decide to use either a different port for Poker Maven or for my VPN. I also understand that Cloudflare might have a service I can use to connect to my home server that is as good as VPN, but I am still reading on that service and to see what all I can do with it. If anyone any suggestions on this, I would appreciate it.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

hpolack wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:53 am Does anyone know why I can't reach the cloudflare.com domain from any device on the router where I setup the Cloudflare to redirect my domain to that IP address? I can reach any other website from PCs on that router but cloudflare.com.
Are you referring to the literal cloudflare.com domain or your own domain that is handled by cloudflare? If the latter, you need a router that supports NAT Loopback to be able to connect to your own internet IP address from inside your LAN.
I would like to restrict any activity going to my IP address to port 443 to come from cloudflare, but I don't think I know what all IP addresses from cloudflare I should whitelist. Does anyone have any thoughts?
There are lot of them: https://www.cloudflare.com/ips/
hpolack

Post by hpolack »

Literally, I can't reach the cloudflare.com domain at all from a PC on the same router/IP that I am redirecting myurl.com through Cloudflare to that router/IP.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

hpolack wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:55 pm Literally, I can't reach the cloudflare.com domain at all from a PC on the same router/IP that I am redirecting myurl.com through Cloudflare to that router/IP.
That's weird, I don't know why that would happen.
hpolack

Post by hpolack »

Sorry, it appears to be setting in my firewall of my router. I have a ticket submitted. I block all traffic in and out that is not US, but I have to allow all regions out for me to access cloudflare.