CloudFlare and websocket support

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Bcruey

Re: CloudFlare and websocket support

Post by Bcruey »

Email sent
Benji

Post by Benji »

Hi,

I've followed all instruction and only get an Error Code 522 when "Always Use HTTPS" is enabled.

When it is not, PM loads quickly. I am using Full (strict) and have put the .crt and .key files in the x86/BriggsSoft/PM folder, without having Internet Information Services installed on my windows 2019 server.

Should I just leave this off since the traffic is working through cloudfare?

Thanks,
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Benji wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:39 pm When it is not, PM loads quickly. I am using Full (strict) and have put the .crt and .key files in the x86/BriggsSoft/PM folder, without having Internet Information Services installed on my windows 2019 server.
It doesn't really matter where you put the files because you have to specify their full path in the PM Service Manager. Did you do that?
Benji

Post by Benji »

Yes I did. Because the site is still not secure as seen in attachment, I wonder if it's through another cloudfare setting.

Still looking for something I'm missing.
Attachments
`.jpg
`.jpg (168.18 KiB) Viewed 36386 times
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

You're missing the SSL Root Cert file.
Benji

Post by Benji »

Ah, you're right.. in that screen cap it was out. Here it is with the same outcome

Code: Select all

[s] If I turn off Always Use HTTPS it works again [/s]
scratch that, it stopped working now even with it off :roll:
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (173.44 KiB) Viewed 36382 times
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Benji wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:48 pm scratch that, it stopped working now even with it off :roll:
Is there anything in your Error Log?
Benji

Post by Benji »

I was using the RSA as the cert file as seen in the previous post, when I switched to using a pem file seen below everything works great now.

Thanks for your help
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (190.46 KiB) Viewed 36347 times
hpolack

Post by hpolack »

I could use some help with CloudFlare and websockets. I am getting a 1006 websocket error even when I shut off SSL/TLS at Cloudflare. I know the website is setup properly for access as I can reach it through a direct IP:port; not in SSL of course. Ultimately, I would like to use my domain and have that route through CloudFlare to my home server with SSL connection. When I turn SSL/TLS on, it just fails to connect completely. I noticed you referenced three files that are needed;SSL key file;SSL cert file, and SSL root file. I see in CloudFlare where I can get an "Origin Server" Certificate and can get it in PEM format, but I doubt I copy and paste it to a text file and use the same file for all three. Sorry, this is my first attempt at installing certificates. I include images below for the Cloudflare site showing SSL certificates and my Websocket error.

Thank you for any help you can give.
Attachments
Websocket error 1006.jpg
Websocket error 1006.jpg (48.85 KiB) Viewed 1235 times
Certificate Screenprint.jpg
Certificate Screenprint.jpg (156.8 KiB) Viewed 1235 times
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

hpolack wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:42 pm I see in CloudFlare where I can get an "Origin Server" Certificate and can get it in PEM format, but I doubt I copy and paste it to a text file and use the same file for all three.
The key file, cert file, and root cert file are definitely separate and unique. See the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on creating them.