card shuffling is a joke?

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
hadiina

card shuffling is a joke?

Post by hadiina »

hey guys.
first of all i am not one of the haters that thinks poker maven is kind of conspiresy and the random generator is not random,first of all i want to say that i played long enough on poker stars and seen alot of hands .
here is my main question based on what post i seen about card shuffeling simalatur that admin shares as a utility since i played about 3k hand every day about 8 month in some maven site s i checked to see if my assumption is right that maven makes hands rake better in multi way pots or not.
i download the software utility from site,start simulating for something like 200k hands,then go to the holdem tab and then after that is strat to see how is the continuity of for example two pair or bether or set or better in the shuffle list,and i was shocked how many times if play was 6 handed or 9 handed set or better or even flush came out on the list.everyone played enough knows that that kind of hand ranking is not even accurate,to real shuffle if he played real poker in some sites like poker stars.i am still shocked how many times in a multi way hands there are sets or bether in that simulation.
but here i am asking from community do i do something wroung or maybe i dont know how to use it but be my guest and start a simulation your self .please someone that writes that program answer me about that continuity in the upper side of ranks in multi way actions ,but still i am saying maybe i did something wroung.

sorry for my bad spelling or english and thanks to anyone can answer my objection
gl at the tables
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: card shuffling is a joke?

Post by Kent Briggs »

hadiina wrote:and i was shocked how many times if play was 6 handed or 9 handed set or better or even flush came out on the list.
There's nothing shocking about it when compared to the expected value. That's the nature of Texas Hold'em (Omaha is even worse) when every hand goes to showdown and there's 5 community cards available to everyone. That makes a lot of hands possible. Read the Background section that is posted on the page with the Shuffling Simulator.

http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/U ... tm#shuffle