Poker mavens help

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
werdlem

Poker mavens help

Post by werdlem »

Hi guys

I just wanted to ask if it is possible for users to connect to the poker mavens database hosted on my local pc via a website. I have it all working well on my local host. I just wanted to know if it was possible before I go ahead and pay for hosting.

Thanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Poker mavens help

Post by Kent Briggs »

Not sure what you mean by "poker mavens database". If you are asking if it is possible to host your poker site on your local PC, that is possible. If you have a router, you have to first open the file and packet ports in your router's port forward screen.
werdlem

Post by werdlem »

Hi kent
Thank you for the reply,

My apologies, I meant the actual poker client. My aim is to allow players to view their player profile stats ie chip count, user name etc from a website while the client software was hosted and running on my local machine. Rather than shell out on the whole VPS approach, I wanted to do it this way first then hopefully move on to the VPS.

Thanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

werdlem wrote: My apologies, I meant the actual poker client. My aim is to allow players to view their player profile stats ie chip count, user name etc from a website while the client software was hosted and running on my local machine. Rather than shell out on the whole VPS approach, I wanted to do it this way first then hopefully move on to the VPS.
Thanks
Yes, you can link from your web site to the poker server (directly, or via iframe, etc) running on your local PC. And also perform API functions from that web site (using PHP or other scripting). That's assuming your ISP allows for incoming connections on a home server.