Question about starting a scheduled tournament

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
SDeC

Question about starting a scheduled tournament

Post by SDeC »

I've been through the configuration options and descriptions, but I'm not sure that I fully understand how a scheduled tournament actually launches.

Under what conditions will a scheduled tournament begin or not begin at the scheduled time? I'm worried about registered players showing up a few minutes late and not being able to play. I think it's because there are several switches, such as "min players" and "start full," and it's not immediately apparent to me how these settings might interact or override to affect the actual start time. Is it always the case that an explicit "Ready" command must be issued by the players?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Question about starting a scheduled tournament

Post by Kent Briggs »

SDeC wrote: Under what conditions will a scheduled tournament begin or not begin at the scheduled time? I'm worried about registered players showing up a few minutes late and not being able to play. I think it's because there are several switches, such as "min players" and "start full," and it's not immediately apparent to me how these settings might interact or override to affect the actual start time. Is it always the case that an explicit "Ready" command must be issued by the players?
The only thing that will stop a scheduled tournament (has a non-zero "Start time") from starting is if the number of registrants is less than the "Min players" setting. Registered players can show up late. They remain in the tournament until blinded out. This is not to be confused with "late registration", which is currently not supported. Tournaments can be started in multiple ways. If any one of the triggers is satisfied, then it will start. For example, if "Start full" is set, then the tournament will start the moment the number of registrants equals the number of allocated seats.