SSL Support in Gold 4.xx

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
dranks_game
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:13 pm

Re: SSL Support in Gold 4.xx

Post by dranks_game »

I am getting "Could not load SSL Library" when attempting to run the server with SSL enabled. I created self-signed cert (.pfx) and extracted a key and cert with OpenSSL. I also added the required dll files. Any ideas what I've done wrong?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin
Posts: 5675
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: SSL Support in Gold 4.xx

Post by Kent Briggs »

Did you put the DLL files into the program folder where PMServer.exe is installed? Are you running the 64-bit version of Poker Mavens? If so make sure you are using the 64-bit DLLs, otherwise you must use the 32-bit DLLs. Link for both are in the FAQ at http://www.briggsoft.com/pmfaq.htm
Kent Briggs - [email protected]
Briggs Softworks - http://www.briggsoft.com
cranky
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:17 am

Re: SSL Support in Gold 4.xx

Post by cranky »

Kent Briggs wrote:
Tommyboy13 wrote:I think it's simply mismatched "http" vs "https" somewhere in the skin code.
That's probably it because once you enable SSL in Poker Mavens you cannot access it via http. It has to be https.
Thank you for the utility and instructions. Is it possible to forward from HTTP to HTTPS? I assume that since the software is running its own server, the step would need to be done internally. This would save everyone from having to type "https://siteexample.com:8087". They could simply use: "siteexample.com:8087".
Kent Briggs
Site Admin
Posts: 5675
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: SSL Support in Gold 4.xx

Post by Kent Briggs »

cranky wrote:Thank you for the utility and instructions. Is it possible to forward from HTTP to HTTPS?
Yes, using my HTTP Redirect Utility:

http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/U ... m#redirect
Kent Briggs - [email protected]
Briggs Softworks - http://www.briggsoft.com
cranky
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:17 am

Re: SSL Support in Gold 4.xx

Post by cranky »

Kent Briggs wrote:
cranky wrote:Thank you for the utility and instructions. Is it possible to forward from HTTP to HTTPS?
Yes, using my HTTP Redirect Utility:

http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/U ... m#redirect
Brilliant! Thank you
shuffleup
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed May 06, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: SSL Support in Gold 4.xx

Post by shuffleup »

Kent Briggs wrote:Did you put the DLL files into the program folder where PMServer.exe is installed? Are you running the 64-bit version of Poker Mavens? If so make sure you are using the 64-bit DLLs, otherwise you must use the 32-bit DLLs. Link for both are in the FAQ at http://www.briggsoft.com/pmfaq.htm
Hi Kent,

FYI, if you're running the 32-bit version of your app but on 64-bit Windows the 32-bit OpenSSL DDLs need to be placed in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 rather than C:\Windows\System32
Kent Briggs
Site Admin
Posts: 5675
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: SSL Support in Gold 4.xx

Post by Kent Briggs »

shuffleup wrote:FYI, if you're running the 32-bit version of your app but on 64-bit Windows the 32-bit OpenSSL DDLs need to be placed in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 rather than C:\Windows\System32
The first place the software will look for them is in the program folder where PMServer.exe is installed. That's where they should be placed.
Kent Briggs - [email protected]
Briggs Softworks - http://www.briggsoft.com
shuffleup
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed May 06, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: SSL Support in Gold 4.xx

Post by shuffleup »

Kent Briggs wrote:
shuffleup wrote:FYI, if you're running the 32-bit version of your app but on 64-bit Windows the 32-bit OpenSSL DDLs need to be placed in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 rather than C:\Windows\System32
The first place the software will look for them is in the program folder where PMServer.exe is installed. That's where they should be placed.
Thanks Kent. I went by the instructions in the Administrator guide. Perhaps those can be updated:

"SSL encryption - Select Yes to use an encrypted connection between your server and all clients (connection begins with https instead of http). You must obtain an SSL certificate for your domain to enable this feature and have the OpenSSL files ssleay32.dll and libeay32.dll installed on your system. If these two files are not already in your \Windows\System32\ folder then check the Poker Mavens FAQ File for download and installation instructions.This feature is only available in the Pro and Gold versions of Poker Mavens."

Link: http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/PMHelp.htm
Kent Briggs
Site Admin
Posts: 5675
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: SSL Support in Gold 4.xx

Post by Kent Briggs »

shuffleup wrote:If these two files are not already in your \Windows\System32\ folder then check the Poker Mavens FAQ File for download and installation instructions.
Yeah I need to change that. Thanks.
Kent Briggs - [email protected]
Briggs Softworks - http://www.briggsoft.com
Bojik
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:25 pm

Re: SSL Support in Gold 4.xx

Post by Bojik »

Just installed ssl for the poker server and it is working with a redirect for the http address to the https address in godaddy.
But API access and remote admin access are not working.
Any thoughts?
Post Reply