Version 4 chat box is bad

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
viktor

Version 4 chat box is bad

Post by viktor »

You cannot copy text from there, even from hand histories which is important. It never auto scrolls down, and when you click and drag on the actual text it acts as if the entire chat box is a scroll bar.

Not good :S. Might go back to version 3.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Version 4 chat box is bad

Post by Kent Briggs »

viktor wrote:You cannot copy text from there, even from hand histories which is important. It never auto scrolls down, and when you click and drag on the actual text it acts as if the entire chat box is a scroll bar.
Version 4 has "Save" buttons on the extended chat windows for copying the text. Which browser are you using? I haven't received any other reports about the chat not scrolling.
viktor

Post by viktor »

Go onto my site http://www.bigboibets.com/ and you can see. 100% of the uses get the same problem, I use chrome.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

viktor wrote:Go onto my site http://www.bigboibets.com/ and you can see. 100% of the uses get the same problem, I use chrome.
I'm watching your Squeal of Fortune, Squeal of Fortune #2, and Runecoins tables right now. All the chat windows are scrolling normally. The players seem to be chatting away in them fine. Using Chrome 29.0.1547.66 m.
viktor

Post by viktor »

I just downloaded the absolute latest version of chrome right now, and it still happens in ALL chatboxes, every single player who I've asked has confirmed they get the same issue. It does not automatically scroll down, I can get a video for you if you like.

Thanks.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

viktor wrote:I can get a video for you if you like.
Yes, I'd like to see that.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Also, I see you're running some custom code. Perhaps it is interfering. What happens if you cancel the login dialog and just observe a table like I was doing. Does that make a difference? Or bypass your domain and go directly to your poker server's raw IP at port 8087. Then observe without logging in. Does the chat still not scroll?
viktor

Post by viktor »

In the raw IP:port the chatbox automatically scrolls down which is good whilst I'm both logged in and in observer mode.

However from my domain in observer mode it still does not automatically scroll down, logged in or observer.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

viktor wrote:In the raw IP:port the chatbox automatically scrolls down which is good whilst I'm both logged in and in observer mode.
There must be something in your custom markup that is affecting the chat although I can't imagine what that would be or why it doesn't affect me. Are you viewing in desktop mode or mobile mode? What is your screen resolution? I've tested your site on a 1920x1080 PC, a 1024x600 notebook, and an iPad 3. All work fine. I've run the PC and notebook in both Desktop and Mobile mode.