Poker Mavens 4.00 Released

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Poker Mavens 4.00 Released

Post by Kent Briggs »

New Features

* Player client converted from Flash to HTML5/Javascript, now compatible with latest versions of all major browsers including iOS and Android tablets, with desktop and mobile GUI options.
* Added ring game and tournament filter option.
* Improved chat block feature.
* Added chat flood prevention option.
* Added SSL encryption option (Gold edition).
* Entire card deck, dealer button, and chip graphics can now be customized (Pro/Gold editions).
* Color theming now available in Trial and Lite versions.
* Thread load reduced for improved server performance.

This is a major version upgrade and is free for anyone who purchased version 3.xx on or after June 1, 2013. All other license holders can upgrade at a 50% discount ($14.95 for Lite upgrade, $49.95 for Pro upgrade, $249.95 for Gold upgrade). Contact me at my email address below for ordering instructions (include your original order number) or for your link if inside the 3-month free upgrade window.
madcow

Re: Poker Mavens 4.00 Released

Post by madcow »

Hi Kent,

I was testing out the 4.0, but it seem that I can't connect to your server by smartphone. it said "A network error occured" .. except if i connect my phone to WIFI then it able to connect but it can only passed the status bar and stall at the "Connecting ...." screen.

my WIFI is opened and I used BlackNerry smartphone.

P.S.: using computer to connect had no problem.

thanks
T
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote:my WIFI is opened and I used BlackNerry smartphone.
Which O/S version is on your BlackBerry? The browser has to support HTML5 WebSockets to connect back to the server.
PokerMavenDeveloper

Post by PokerMavenDeveloper »

This version how many players can support?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

PokerMavenDeveloper wrote:This version how many players can support?
Should be at least as many as version 3 (i.e., a few hundred). Probably more since version 4 uses fewer threads which should reduce the memory load. Also, the client/server protocol has been converted to a JSON format which should result in smaller packet sizes.
madcow

Post by madcow »

do u k now is there a way to update the browser to support html5 or java?

thanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote:do u k now is there a way to update the browser to support html5 or java?
All major browsers already support html5, or at least a significant portion of it. The spec hasn't been finalized yet. There is no java in Poker Mavens. Perhaps you meant javascript?
viktor

Post by viktor »

Doesn't work for me! Operation timed out!

Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

viktor wrote:Doesn't work for me! Operation timed out!
You have a firewall issue. Open PMServer.exe in the Windows firewall and if you have a router, open the file and packet ports in the router's port forward setup.
viktor

Post by viktor »

Kent Briggs wrote:
viktor wrote:Doesn't work for me! Operation timed out!
You have a firewall issue. Open PMServer.exe in the Windows firewall and if you have a router, open the file and packet ports in the router's port forward setup.
That worked perfect :).

I noticed that the chat doesn't automatically scroll down. Everytime there's new chat whether it be in the lobby or the chat box on a table (including dealer chat) the user has to manually scroll down after every single new piece of text in that chat box, its kinda annoying :/ hopefully this can be fixed n future.

Thanks.