Questions about scaling

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
vinodm

Questions about scaling

Post by vinodm »

Hi Kent,

I had purchased Pmavens gold.

I would like these questions clarified :

1) How much can Mavens scale without a problem?

2) Mavens sometimes gets stuck when there are just 30 players online and the game becomes very slow. What are the reasons why this can happen?

Thanks in advance.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Questions about scaling

Post by Kent Briggs »

vinodm wrote: 1) How much can Mavens scale without a problem?
2) Mavens sometimes gets stuck when there are just 30 players online and the game becomes very slow. What are the reasons why this can happen?
How fast is your internet connection in both directions? A dedicated server with a fast multi-core CPU, plenty of ram, and 100 Mbps bandwidth (up and down) should be able to support a few hundred players at once.
vinodm

Post by vinodm »

Can you tell me how much is "Plenty of RAM" will 8GB do if the computer is only running mavens and WAMP for the API?
vinodm

Post by vinodm »

Also, we installed our pmavens gold licenses already on 2 servers (demo + main). Now, we are shifting our main server to a new hoster because the old host had a lot of downtime. Can you please make sure that we can use the same license key on this 3rd server? Please let me know how I can cancel the licensing of our older main server and use it on our newer one.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

vinodm wrote:Can you tell me how much is "Plenty of RAM" will 8GB do if the computer is only running mavens and WAMP for the API?
That should be plenty. Poker Mavens won't use more than 2 GB itself since it's 32-bit. Another gig for the O/S and whatever you need for other apps and servers.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

vinodm wrote:Can you please make sure that we can use the same license key on this 3rd server? Please let me know how I can cancel the licensing of our older main server and use it on our newer one.
There's no hardware locking so just move it and delete the old copy when done.