Connection problem

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Connection problem

Post by Kent Briggs »

Boz wrote:Kent. Same thing here. A "netstat -noa" reveals that it's not even binding to the external address. I don't wanna post the entire list for security purposes, but it's only binding to localhost.
What do you have set for "Local IP" in Poker Mavens? That's what the server binds to. Beginning with version 2.33, you can bind to your localhost and your local IP at the same time.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

kreliz wrote: Same here. On trial software and the one we purchased. We can not get this working. Not here at my home and another location.
What do you have set for "Local IP address" in Poker Mavens Server Settings on the System tab?
kreliz

Post by kreliz »

192.168.1.6, I have a static-IP network.

192.168.1.6:8087 in my browser works, from all pc's in the network. Outside connections just wont get through to the server.
Im testing this all on a trial software server. It's listed as "test".
Boz

Post by Boz »

kreliz wrote:192.168.1.6, I have a static-IP network.

192.168.1.6:8087 in my browser works, from all pc's in the network. Outside connections just wont get through to the server.

I managed to get this working. If you duplicate your external IP address in the field for "Local IP Address" it will bind to the outside. I can now connect and commence the trial.
kreliz

Post by kreliz »

Boz wrote:I managed to get this working. If you duplicate your external IP address in the field for "Local IP Address" it will bind to the outside. I can now connect and commence the trial.
For doing that i need to change the IP of the pc which wont work cause 1) its not a valid IP range (192.168. ...), 2) means i'll have to change the local IP every time my external IP changes. Thats not the solution im looking for. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Boz

Post by Boz »

kreliz wrote:
Boz wrote:I managed to get this working. If you duplicate your external IP address in the field for "Local IP Address" it will bind to the outside. I can now connect and commence the trial.
For doing that i need to change the IP of the pc which wont work cause 1) its not a valid IP range (192.168. ...), 2) means i'll have to change the local IP every time my external IP changes. Thats not the solution im looking for. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Fair enough. I have a dedicated gaming server for this which is why I have an external. This was more for troubleshooting for Kent. :D
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Boz wrote: I managed to get this working. If you duplicate your external IP address in the field for "Local IP Address" it will bind to the outside. I can now connect and commence the trial.

The "Internet IP Address" field has no effect on the server's binding(s). It's only used if you have "Directory listing" setting set to "Yes" and that's the address that will get published at http://www.pokermavens.net. It's the Local IP Address(es) that the server binds to. If you're connected directly to the internet then the Internet IP will be the same as your Local IP. If you are behind a router then your Local IP will be different and part of your LAN (typically 192.168.x.x). Then it's the port forwarding in the router that connects the Internet IP to the Local IP.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

kreliz wrote:192.168.1.6, I have a static-IP network.

Well that demonstrates it's not a binding issue. In your case, you either have a port forwarding or a firewall issue. First try turning off the Windows firewall temporarily and see if that fixes it. If so, turn it back on and unblock the file and packet ports and try again. Otherwise, email me screenshots of Poker Mavens' System tab and your router's port forwarding screen and I'll see if I can spot something you missed.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

kreliz wrote:Im testing this all on a trial software server. It's listed as "test".
I just logged into your "test" site at http://83.99.9.199:8087 with no problems, other than it was slow loading.
Boz

Post by Boz »

Kent Briggs wrote:
Boz wrote: I managed to get this working. If you duplicate your external IP address in the field for "Local IP Address" it will bind to the outside. I can now connect and commence the trial.

The "Internet IP Address" field has no effect on the server's binding(s). It's only used if you have "Directory listing" setting set to "Yes" and that's the address that will get published at http://www.pokermavens.net. It's the Local IP Address(es) that the server binds to. If you're connected directly to the internet then the Internet IP will be the same as your Local IP. If you are behind a router then your Local IP will be different and part of your LAN (typically 192.168.x.x). Then it's the port forwarding in the router that connects the Internet IP to the Local IP.
That makes sense in logic. I might suggest a label change in the app Kent or enhancing the text in the help frame in the server settings tab. I'm a systems engineer and the descriptions still misled me. I also followed the "getting started" section of the help file to a "T".