Pause tournament button

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
riclesb

Pause tournament button

Post by riclesb »

often at the end of tournaments players want to discuss a chop. I would be great if there was an button to pause the tournament if all remaining players have it checked. this may not be as useful as a more advanced percentage or dollar amount chop that program would execute itself and end tournament, but all my players know each other and if negotiated would just adjust balances amongst themselves.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Pause tournament button

Post by Kent Briggs »

That's fairly specific to your situation. You could implement that on your own using the API and putting a pause feature on a web page that your players would know about.
riclesb

Post by riclesb »

yes agreed fairly specific ....
but ideally in more normalized situation would allow say the 3 remaining players to discuss a chop figure a percentage and input it (or even better and more seamless have it calculate ICM or Equity chop as button choices and award pot accordingly.

this would be a great feature for all!

RB
jadelaar

Post by jadelaar »

+1 for Chop option for players. About 1/3 of my tournaments want to chop. They usually work it out on their own and use the chip transfer feature, but it would be really slick if you could integrated it into the game. Perhaps as a check mark that appears once the tournament is in the money, like the end break early checkbox, but where the straddle checkbox is in the cash game. Then the game runner could pre-select the method in the tourney console. (we always do ICM).
Imop4444

Post by Imop4444 »

Is there a callback for table chat? Maybe you could have players type something like "!pause" or "!resume" which triggers some custom code to pause/resume through the api.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Imop4444 wrote:Is there a callback for table chat?
Not for table chat but there is for the lobby chat.