starting a new website

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
new amsterdam

starting a new website

Post by new amsterdam »

HI
i want to start a new poker website and just for now i have a domain and Linux host which the 8088 and 8087 are closed on it.
so what is the next step for me??i should say i have a very little knowledge about programing or network stuff.
so in first should i buy poker mavens or a windows server??i recently try to create a theme for the website of my poker site with wix dot com
please help me step by step
thanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: starting a new website

Post by Kent Briggs »

You'll need a Windows server to install Poker Mavens so start with that.
new amsterdam

Post by new amsterdam »

can you say that windows server system requirements ?
how much ram, CPU ,hard, bandwidth or???
just few hours ago i buy the pro version and know i must to know about the server.
thanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

new amsterdam wrote:can you say that windows server system requirements ?
how much ram, CPU ,hard, bandwidth or???
just few hours ago i buy the pro version and know i must to know about the server.
thanks
That depends on how many players you expect to be logged in during your peak times. For a small system you will probably want at least 2 GB ram.
new amsterdam

Post by new amsterdam »

thanks
i buy a Vps and installed the poker mavens
but on internet IP address i get :Socket Error # 10054
Connection reset by peer.
what should i do? whats wrong?
i do some Instructions on support.Microsoft.com but still i get this??!!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

new amsterdam wrote:thanks
i buy a Vps and installed the poker mavens
but on internet IP address i get :Socket Error # 10054
Have added PMServer.exe to the Windows Firewall "allow" list? What is your site URL? You can email it to me if you don't want to post it publicly.
new amsterdam

Post by new amsterdam »

I SOLVE THAT PROBLEM.
BUT NOW WHEN I START THE APP CLIENT BUTTON WORKED FINE AND SHOW THE MAIN PAGE OF SOFTWARE.
BUT THE LINK ON http://www.pokermavens.net/ can show me the software but it doesn't work on other computers.
my name on pokermavens.net is "grand poker"
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

new amsterdam wrote:BUT NOW WHEN I START THE APP CLIENT BUTTON WORKED FINE AND SHOW THE MAIN PAGE OF SOFTWARE.
BUT THE LINK ON http://www.pokermavens.net/ can show me the software but it doesn't work on other computers.
my name on pokermavens.net is "grand poker"
You still have a firewall issue because I cannot connect to 136.243.225.230:8087 either. I do see a default IIS page at 136.243.225.230 so your IP address and web server appear to be operational.
new amsterdam

Post by new amsterdam »

Thanks for your response.i solve that problem with your advise.
1.Now i want when player log in to my website, and they click on a button named "play"they directly go to poker mavens without that the program ask them their username or password again because they sign in on my web site one time.
2.What should i do when players charge they balances through my website, then when they want to play the poker,their account on poker mavens charge automatically?
please help me with this 2 issues
Thanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

new amsterdam wrote: 1.Now i want when player log in to my website, and they click on a button named "play"they directly go to poker mavens without that the program ask them their username or password again because they sign in on my web site one time.
See the Automated Logins section on this page for examples:

http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/API_Examples.htm
2.What should i do when players charge they balances through my website, then when they want to play the poker,their account on poker mavens charge automatically?
Use AccountsIncBalance and AccountsDecBalance in the API to increment or decrement a player's chip balance using code (such as PHP) from your web site. More examples are in the link above. Full API docs are here:

http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/T ... erface.htm