How Calculate Rack Back ?

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
masters

How Calculate Rack Back ?

Post by masters »

Hello,
i need to know how we can calculate rack back for a player in poker mavens ?
i read all the documentation and searching on forum but nothing yet, so please if you know how we can do that please explain. i should provide the approach of calculating rack back to my developer.

Tnx.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: How Calculate Rack Back ?

Post by Kent Briggs »

In version 4, you would need to scan all the hand history files and find the "Rake" lines, which shows the amount raked, the unraked pot size, and the pot contributions of each player. In version 5 (which gets released today), you can just monitor each player's ERake, PRake, and TFees values. See the release notes on that in the 5.00 announcement later today.
masters

Post by masters »

@Kent Briggs
Thank you Kent for reply.
We just purchased Version 5 gold licence and read release notes and of course about ERake, PRake and Tfees.
Now please can you explain more about the difference between ERake and PRake ? (i appreciate with a little example)
Which one is suitable for calculating Rake Back for each player ?

Thank you.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

masters wrote:Now please can you explain more about the difference between ERake and PRake ? (i appreciate with a little example)
Which one is suitable for calculating Rake Back for each player ?
Example: Pot size 180 minus 9 chips raked. 3 players dealt into the hand. Player 1 folded preflop and put 0 chips in the pot. Player 2 and Player 3 put in 90 chips each. So all three players get 3 chips added to their ERake balance because it divides the total rake out equally among all players who were dealt in. But PRake distributes those chips proportionally so Player 1 gets 0 chips added to his PRake balance since he contributed 0% of the 180-chip pot, Player 2 and Player 3 get 4.5 chips each added to their PRake balance because they put in 50% of the pot and thus get 50% credit of the 9 chip rake. Personally I prefer the ERake method of rakeback because it rewards the conservative players and encourages them to play longer at full tables, whereas the PRake method rewards the aggressive players who like to gamble more.
masters

Post by masters »

Perfect answer.
Thank you Kent.