Minume Rake

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
majianlord

Minume Rake

Post by majianlord »

Could we get an option for MIN rake per Ring Table.

This would apply only after the flop.

This would only apply if not meeting the rake every rule.

We do alot of games that go unraked and we would like to ensure that our low low tables at least get 1 chip raked. Would love you long time...

I can explain more in email if you would like Ken, Thanks.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Minume Rake

Post by Kent Briggs »

majianlord wrote:Could we get an option for MIN rake per Ring Table.
This would apply only after the flop.
This would only apply if not meeting the rake every rule.
We do alot of games that go unraked and we would like to ensure that our low low tables at least get 1 chip raked.
The Rake setting is already essentially a min rake. 5 percent is typical so setting Rake=1 and RakeEvery=20 would ensure some rake for all but the most trivial of pots. Trivial pots are not supposed to be raked. Otherwise in the situation you described on a 1/2 table, you could have a post flop pot of only 4 chips. Raking a chip out of that would be extreme.
majianlord

Post by majianlord »

Yes i see our point there it was more for the ones i have been seeing where players will pupusly stop at 24 chips to prevent the rake. I think we will be fine but was one of them never hurts to ask.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

majianlord wrote:i have been seeing where players will pupusly stop at 24 chips to prevent the rake
Hmmm, minimizing the pot when you know you have the best hand? That's like the worst poker strategy ever. And how would they get their opponents to stop betting, anyway? Seems like an unlikely problem to me. Of course you could do something like Rake=1, RakeEvery=1, RakeMax=1 and every pot would get a 1 chip rake. I wouldn't recommend that, though.
majianlord

Post by majianlord »

Yeah we just switch over to full Hand based rakes and i been watching the annonoly, I am working on a Ring Log to SQL import and will be trying to got better handle on the statisict of it just seemed like alot of handers were going unrakes at just below our rake at. Thanks for your time Kent.