Automated Time Bank

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
gvazdas

Automated Time Bank

Post by gvazdas »

Hey, I have a question regarding the time bank for players. A player on my platform asked if there was a way to automatically use up the time bank:
Is there any way to change a setting in the software to make your timebank activate automatically? A few times I have been folded because as I am typing in the amount I want to bet the time runs out, obviously you can request time but it would be easier if it just automatically spilled into the timebank.
Am I missing something or should I request this in the Wish List?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Automated Time Bank

Post by Kent Briggs »

So the player is typing in a manual bet, get's a 10-second warning on time and big "Request Time" button appears, ignores that, keeps on typing for 10 more seconds (how long is that number?) and runs out of time before clicking the bet button?
gvazdas

Post by gvazdas »

Well usually I have time to click the timebank button, but even in the first place this can be quite annoying having to consciously decide whether you want to use the timebank in advance. When I am trying to work something out in my head it's rather distracting to have to quickly realise whether or not I am going to need to click the timebank button or whether I can have time to bet normally. This often throws me off and I end up clicking the timebank button with 7 seconds to go just in case it ends up folding me, and in the end I don't need it anyway. But it adds confusion to a moment when I should be thinking about just the decision.
He also mentioned that it is very inconvenient to not have this when multi-tabling.
gvazdas

Post by gvazdas »

He also complained about this if you're interested:
It's especially baffling since half the time people are yet to act preflop and it plays out the full 60 seconds of 'disconnection protection' when they have nothing invested in the pot - and yet even if I have 20,000 chips in a pot it just instafolds me for not clicking timebank in time if I am facing even a tiny bet.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

There's no chance I'm going to automatically activate the time bank for people who just aren't paying enough attention to what is happening at the table. That defeats the whole purpose of having a time bank feature in the first place.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

I should also add, there's no downside to clicking the Request Time button immediately when it appears. Doing that does not deplete any of your time bank until the regular time has run out.
BearMetal

Post by BearMetal »

Not to revive a completely dead thread, but this has been a long-time ask of my players. Being able to have an option to use the time bank automatically if a decision isn't made during the normal turn clock time period is very important when they are "showboating". I can understand your point, Kent, about paying attention to the table. However, my setup usually has the players on zoom interacting with each other. Recently, a player was trying to figure out how to play the river card in order to extract maximum value and between reconstructing the hand and trying to get into the other player's mind, his turn clock ran out before he was able to click the "Time Bank" button.

I'm not asking for any default behavior to change. But it cannot hurt to provide an option to automatically use the time bank when a player exhausts their turn limit and has not disconnected.