Help Please :)

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
poker4gp

Help Please :)

Post by poker4gp »

So today i have two problems, First of all,

Audio files. I have tried to make a audio welcome message for when you login to my site (Login.mp3) yet each time i add the mp3 file into a folder and select the path nothing changes it is still default. Also where would i get the default sounds for the PM client? Check, Bet etc..

Secondly, Avatars, I have made 10 avatars for my site and selected avatar count 10 however when i choose which path the system takes to find the avatars it is only letting me select the avatar and not the entire folder where they are all located, Any help?! Thanks!

P.S i followed all tutorials in PMHelp and on forums and nothing is working.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Help Please :)

Post by Kent Briggs »

poker4gp wrote:Audio files. I have tried to make a audio welcome message for when you login to my site (Login.mp3) yet each time i add the mp3 file into a folder and select the path nothing changes it is still default. Also where would i get the default sounds for the PM client? Check, Bet etc..
From the help file: "Note that the audio files are loaded into memory when the server is put online so any changes made after that will not be seen until the server is restarted." Have you restarted the server since then? Also note that you should make an .ogg version also with the .mp3 version. And, I don't think you understand the purpose of the Login sound. It doesn't just play for a person who logs in, it plays for everyone already logged in whenever someone after them logs in. That message will get annoying real fast. Which is one reason why that sound is off by default in the client settings. The default sounds are compiled into the server, you can access them directly.
Secondly, Avatars, I have made 10 avatars for my site and selected avatar count 10 however when i choose which path the system takes to find the avatars it is only letting me select the avatar and not the entire folder where they are all located
You have to make a single horizontal strip of avatars to replace the default communal set. See the "Communal Avatar Set (Version 4)" and "Image Stitcher (Version 4)" instructions for that near the end of this page:
http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/Templates.htm
poker4gp

Post by poker4gp »

Thanks so much for informing me of the login sound, kind of glad it didn't work now XD also thanks for the reply on avatars going to give it a go now
poker4gp

Post by poker4gp »

So i have downloaded the image stitcher and added my avatars into there, However how do i link it so the PM control panel uses those avatars? Or am i missing something.
poker4gp

Post by poker4gp »

I am selecting the correct path but it is not allowing me to select the "avatar" folder, only 1 singular image within the folder.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

poker4gp wrote:I am selecting the correct path but it is not allowing me to select the "avatar" folder, only 1 singular image within the folder.
If your avatars are stitched together into a single PNG, then there's now only one image file. Set the "Avatar graphic" setting to that image. It doesn't matter what folder you put in in, just specify the full path to it. The client will automatically pull out the individual avatars from your single image.