SSL API fails with 2 ip on a server.

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
royala10

SSL API fails with 2 ip on a server.

Post by royala10 »

So I have a windows 2012 server with IIS, with two dedicated IP address. One is being used by IIS (x.x.x.38) serving my forum, and the other one is for PM Server (x.x.x.39).
I made IIS to only listen to .38 (using netsh), and my forum uses ssl. It is accessible locally and globally.
The PM Server also works fine as long as it is not using SSL. My web app's API (in my forum) can communicate with PM server over the other IP with no issue.

When I enable SSL for PM Server, It will be only available from internet, but the server can not make the API connection locally. When I try to open the game console locally in the server, it only shows the "Connecting..." message on the top left corner and nothing happens. At the same time I can open the console from my home browser.
I tried it with different port numbers, set "Local IP address" to be only one of x.x.x.39. No chance.

Kent, Could it be a security issue because of the self-signed SSL cert (that works fine with browsers) or is it a defect?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: SSL API fails with 2 ip on a server.

Post by Kent Briggs »

When you get stuck on the "Connecting..." message, open the browser's error console and see if it's displaying an error message.
royala10

Post by royala10 »

found it. the cURL was looking for DN while I signed my cert with an IP. I fixed it by adding:

Code: Select all

curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, false);
Anyway, it just fixes the API issue, not the local console which is fine for me.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

royala10 wrote:Ok I can officially say that is a problem when I use Safari for windows, from anywhere.
Apple did not add websocket support to Safari until version 6 and they abandoned the Window's version of Safari at version 5.1.7. No one should be running Safari on Windows. The browser requirements for Poker Mavens are posted at the bottom of the Poker Mavens home page:

http://www.briggsoft.com/pmavens.htm
royala10

Post by royala10 »

Kent,

I just checked many of public sites in pokermavens.net with an iPhone 5S and an iPhone 6+
Both of them were updated with MacOS 8.3 and Mobile Safari 8

All of them just stopped at connecting.. step.

I'm not saying that is a big issue, but I'd suggest you to implement a browser detection at the beginning and throw a graceful error to direct the players to other browsers,
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

royala10 wrote:I just checked many of public sites in pokermavens.net with an iPhone 5S and an iPhone 6+
Both of them were updated with MacOS 8.3 and Mobile Safari 8
All of them just stopped at connecting.. step.
Which ones? I have an iPad that I can use to test them.
I'm not saying that is a big issue, but I'd suggest you to implement a browser detection at the beginning and throw a graceful error to direct the players to other browsers,
There already is one but the problem with Safari for Windows is that it has a preliminary implementation of WebSocket that isn't compatible with the final version, but it passes this test anyway:

Code: Select all

<script>if ("WebSocket" in window == false) alert("Error: this browser does not support WebSockets");</script>