Tournament does not auto start if server is lagging

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
mantux5

Tournament does not auto start if server is lagging

Post by mantux5 »

I have a Free Roll tournament setup, that it restarts every hour. If we have an average load, everything works fine. But if there are a lot of clients connected, everything works fine, only tournament does not start at the shown time. Also, no lag is felt while playing Ring games, but the Server program (Windows) is not responding.
mantux5

Re: Tournament does not auto start if server is lagging

Post by mantux5 »

Also, does 64-bit version (Included with the GOLD License) is multi-threaded, so it could use multiple CPU cores?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

mantux5 wrote:I have a Free Roll tournament setup, that it restarts every hour. If we have an average load, everything works fine. But if there are a lot of clients connected, everything works fine, only tournament does not start at the shown time. Also, no lag is felt while playing Ring games, but the Server program (Windows) is not responding.
If the Windows GUI is not responding then there is some other serious issue happening. You should restart the server in that case.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

mantux5 wrote:Also, does 64-bit version (Included with the GOLD License) is multi-threaded, so it could use multiple CPU cores?
All editions, 32-bit and 64-bit, are multi-threaded so they should all take advantage of multiple cores if available. Every player connection has its own thread as does every table and every tournament. Plus several others maintaining various data lists.
mantux5

Post by mantux5 »

Yeah, restarting helps but only temporarily. After some time, load is getting high and same happens again. And I'm sure, that it's not a hardware fault, as it uses only few hundreds megabytes of RAM and like 1 up to 2 CPU Cores. And system has 6 cores of CPU and 16 Gigs of RAM.
mantux5

Post by mantux5 »

Oh, and if that helps, I have API requests for every user going like each 10 seconds.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

mantux5 wrote:Oh, and if that helps, I have API requests for every user going like each 10 seconds.
What are these API requests doing? Does stopping those help with the lag issue?
mantux5

Post by mantux5 »

Kent Briggs wrote:
mantux5 wrote:Oh, and if that helps, I have API requests for every user going like each 10 seconds.
What are these API requests doing? Does stopping those help with the lag issue?
They are simply getting balance information, to display on the website for the user. I haven't tried stopping them, as it would change the behaviour of the website. And I don't really want that.