How is Rake system working?

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
kingprado

How is Rake system working?

Post by kingprado »

Hello.

I want to use rake system in my Invite Friends part which every player can show their rake status, but I don't know how or with what command May I use this rake commission for every player who had invited another players...

Best Regards... :ugeek:
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: How is Rake system working?

Post by Kent Briggs »

kingprado wrote:I want to use rake system in my Invite Friends part which every player can show their rake status, but I don't know how or with what command May I use this rake commission for every player who had invited another players...
Rake is recorded in the hand history files for each hand like this example:

Rake (4) Pot (80) Players (player_x: 40, player_y: 40, player_z: 0)

This shows the amount of rake taken (4), the size of the pot before the rake was taken (80), and the number of chips contributed to the pot by each player that was dealt cards. A single hand can have multiple Rake lines if there are side pots involved. Use the LogsHandHistory command in the API to load the hand history files. Pull out the rake info into a database and do what you want with that info. This could be performed once per day after each table's history file is closed at midnight or it could be performed in real time as each hand completes by using the Callback Event system and monitoring the Hand event.

Also see the standalone Rake Stats utility at http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/Utilities.htm which allows you to manually import hand history files into a SQLite database and produce a variety of rake reports.
kingprado

Post by kingprado »

Kent Thank you.

But I want to know how I can get a user"s specific rake ( percentage ) I mean the command that is showing every players rake commission , so then that user will see his/her rake and will change balance.

Thanks again.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

kingprado wrote:But I want to know how I can get a user"s specific rake ( percentage ) I mean the command that is showing every players rake commission , so then that user will see his/her rake and will change balance.
Poker Mavens does not compile or maintain player stats. It just records everything that happened in the raw hand history files. It's up to you to write code to extract the information you want.
kingprado

Post by kingprado »

Kent, May I ask for a simple code? I want a sample code which is just showing every users rake status ...If you help me in this it would be great cuz I do have sample and I know what to do in future... :roll:

Thank you
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

kingprado wrote:Kent, May I ask for a simple code? I want a sample code which is just showing every users rake status
It's not simple code. It requires parsing the history files, extracting the numbers, adding them to a database, building queries for that database, etc.
kingprado

Post by kingprado »

Kent Briggs wrote:
kingprado wrote:Kent, May I ask for a simple code? I want a sample code which is just showing every users rake status
It's not simple code. It requires parsing the history files, extracting the numbers, adding them to a database, building queries for that database, etc.

I really do appreciate your kindness Kent.

My main question is now this , where and how I can access to this data base to extract them? Is it that software which is available in web site?

Thanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

kingprado wrote:My main question is now this , where and how I can access to this data base to extract them? Is it that software which is available in web site?
You can either open the hand history files directly or use the LogsHandHistory command in the API to retrieve them.
bobyjon69

Post by bobyjon69 »

Rake is totally new to me. I am using Ace Poker Drills in HM2. It tracks and charts progress of my game.