Buttons disappearing

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
AceBenSuited

Buttons disappearing

Post by AceBenSuited »

After around an hour of playing the buttons seem to disappear on a players turn (check/bet/raise/fold). They end up having to refresh the window and relogin (they are still on that hand). Also the "away next hand" boxes disappear.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Buttons disappearing

Post by Kent Briggs »

AceBenSuited wrote:After around an hour of playing the buttons seem to disappear on a players turn (check/bet/raise/fold). They end up having to refresh the window and relogin (they are still on that hand). Also the "away next hand" boxes disappear.
Could just be lost packets on a bad connection. Was this just a one time occurrence or does it always happen after playing an hour? Did it happen for every player at the table or just some of them? Are you running version 2.25?
AceBenSuited

Post by AceBenSuited »

Not just a one time occurance and I am running 2.22. It happens to every player (not at the same time) after around an hour of playing.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

AceBenSuited wrote:Not just a one time occurance and I am running 2.22. It happens to every player (not at the same time) after around an hour of playing.
Does this happen on a ring table or tournament (or both)? I've not had any other reports of this but you should patch up to 2.25 in any case. Is your server running on a home computer? What kind of internet connection do you have?
AceBenSuited

Post by AceBenSuited »

Just updated to the newest version so we will see what happens. It is being served on my home pc. I have 15mbit cable internet connection. I feel the issue may have something to do with all players using the same IP according to the logs. We are all playing at work on the network. But with the update we will see if we can recreate the issue. It isn't that big of a deal, everyone knows if they freeze up just to refresh the window.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

AceBenSuited wrote:It isn't that big of a deal, everyone knows if they freeze up just to refresh the window.
Does it ever happen again after the first Window refresh (assuming you play long enough to find out)?
AceBenSuited

Post by AceBenSuited »

Ok new status. Upgraded to 2.25 and it happens still. But now on refresh the buttons don't return (lost a big hand :( :cry: ). I tried timing it and it seems to happen around the hour mark of playing. Nothing else is running on home pc (the server).
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

AceBenSuited wrote:Ok new status. Upgraded to 2.25 and it happens still. But now on refresh the buttons don't return (lost a big hand :( :cry: ). I tried timing it and it seems to happen around the hour mark of playing. Nothing else is running on home pc (the server).
There's got to be something on one end or the other of your connection that is interfering. Something like a screensaver or hardware sleep mode kicking in.