Site lagging and players cant connect

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
helpme

Re: Site lagging and players cant connect

Post by helpme »

See if you can find out what these people have in common. Are they from the same country? Are they connecting through a proxy server or VPN? What browser are they using? Are they running download managers or security software that could be interfering with their web socket connection?

Hello,

Yes from the same country and almost same cities as well
No they are not using any VPN or proxy but two clients cleared their histories and used a VPN (mullvad.net) and the site worked. He turned off the vpn it didnt.
Most of the players are using chrome but i made them try firefox. We have a group of 20 so its easy to give them instructions on how to make it work

Are they running download managers or security software that could be interfering with their web socket connection? I dont think so. But it definately has something to do with the web sockets.

What do you suggest i should do ?

thanks alot for the help and advice

Regards
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

helpme wrote:What do you suggest i should do ?
Nothing you can do if the problem is on the player's end. Can they connect to my demo site at www.pm-demo.com ?
helpme

Post by helpme »

Hello Kent

I asked them to try

they could connect to your demo site using the normal internet connection and not using a vpn but could not connect to mine.

Using a vpn they could then connect to mine.

What am i doing which is causing this ?

Regards

Duke
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

helpme wrote:Using a vpn they could then connect to mine.
What am i doing which is causing this ?
Are you blocking any IP addresses using the Windows firewall?